Ias Accounting Standards Help!!

sebula
sebula Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
hello

i could do with anyones guidance on trying to remeber all the accounting standards for dfs exam

thanks

ste

Comments

• ziggy
    ziggy Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    hi

There is a book by Claire Finch "A students guide to international financial reporting standards" - its brilliant!! Highly recommend it for DFS studiers. It is quite pricey £25 ish, I think - but if your going to continue with your studies after AAT it will be really handy. Excellent pass cards in the back of the book to help you with your revision - explains each standard in simple english with lots of useful techniques for remembering the important bits. Bought mine at amazon.

Emma
  • visha
    visha Registered Posts: 218 Dedicated contributor 🦉
  • peugeot
    peugeot Registered Posts: 624 Epic contributor 🐘
    Ref Ziggy's comments about Clare's book.

There is a link to this book in a recently published article of mine which can be found here (see 2nd para - ignore the article - IAS 19 is not examinable at AAT level):

http://www.accountancystudents.co.uk/cms/news/read/a_technical_summary_of_ias_19_employment_benefits/

I would advise any student accountant to purchase this book as it is written in 'human' language rather than 'text book' speak (which regurgitates the full standards).

Kind regards
    Steve
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    And the nmemonics for remembering a cash flow statement proforma are invaluable - thanks Clare.
Privacy Policy