PI Insurance

PaulPSB
PaulPSB Registered Posts: 55 Regular contributor ⭐
Just wondering where the best PI premium rates might be found?

Been with the same firm since 1995 and never really shopped around but it's due for renewal shortly so what sort of rates are folk paying??

Comments

• sheelagh
    sheelagh Registered Posts: 133 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    PI Cover

Have you looked at the AAT scheme?
    http://www.aat.org.uk/members/display/store4/item58/

I did shop around a couple of years ago. The AAT scheme was a reasonable price, easy to purchase and of course you can be sure that it covers all the AAT MIP requirements.
  • PaulPSB
    Tried the Trafalgar on line quote (via your link) and it came up with a quote of £1897.50 which is quite a bit more than we're already paying so I think I'll stay with the existing insurer.
  • sheelagh
    sheelagh Registered Posts: 133 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Trafalgar

Wow, that's lots of money. Mine's roughly 20% of that - I guess you have a much bigger set up.
  • marine
    marine Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    I paid £ 245.00 from Caunce O'Hara of Manchester.

:001_smile:
  • PaulPSB
    marine wrote: »
    I paid £ 245.00 from Caunce O'Hara of Manchester.

:001_smile:

:ohmy: That's really cheap. Can I ask what cover you're getting for that price?
  • Mary Howlader
    Mary Howlader Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Paul,

My name is Mary Howlader I work at Parliament Hill LTD; we currently run and manage the AAT Additions site (accessible via MyAAT).

Forgive me entering this ‘thread’ so late on, but I understand that you may have found Professional Indemnity cheaper elsewhere. As such you might be interested in the following test which appears on our site:

‘AAT Additions is confident that our scheme is the best in the marketplace, and we can back our policy with the following price promise.

The AAT Additions Professional Indemnity Price Promise: If you can find the same cover for less within 14 days, we will match it and give you a cheque for £25!

Terms and conditions apply: a written quotation must be supplied by way of proof. This quotation must be on a like-for-like basis. It should be presented either before purchase or within 14 days of purchase. Offer valid until December 31st 2008’.

I can understand you may have purchased your insurance a little while back now, but we at AAT Additions / Parliament Hill would be glad to hear from you – if only at the time of your next renewal.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at any point on 0870 033 0818, Monday to Friday 9-5.30pm.

Kind regards,

Mary
Privacy Policy