What if you fail?

Hilmara Crawshaw
Hilmara Crawshaw Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
I'll be doing Intermediate exams in June and I'm not very confident. I'm ok with FRA but completely lost with ECR. Has anybody had to do a whole year again? I know I can resit in December, but then would have to wait until Sep next year to do Technician level. I don't know what to do. Some of my coleagues say that if they fail they will quit. I don't want to quit and have that failure on my shoulders for good.

Comments

• coocoocadgoo
    coocoocadgoo Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi there,
    If you were to fail your June exams, you can still start your Technician level in Sept/whenever. I took my intermediate exams for the first time in December, whilst doing my Technician level at college, so it is possible. You won't have to wait another year.
  • Hilmara Crawshaw
    But didn't you have also Tech exams in December? Was it too much?
  • kazseera
    kazseera Registered Posts: 87 Regular contributor ⭐
    im not ready eaither, ive been messed around at my college sooo much. the amount oof teachers that have come and gon its unbelievable!!
  • coocoocadgoo
    coocoocadgoo Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    But didn't you have also Tech exams in December? Was it too much?
    No, my college decided that we would do all Tech exams in June. Hooray?!?
    You may pass both though, so don't panic now. If you do fail one, retake it in December. If you have other exams to do, it should only be one like PTC/BTC. You'll have 6 months to study ECR for your retake which is more than enough.
  • Mini-Man
    Mini-Man Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
    Hi There.

I had to miss Sitting ECR last June for my wedding (unfortunately I planned the wedding before starting AAT doh!)

I sat ECR (Unit 6) and both PEV and PCR (Units 8,9) in December 2007.

I found as ECR and PEV are both on the same day (and PEV was first in the morning:001_unsure:) which meant my brain was frazzled by the afternoon by which I had to sit ECR :thumbdown: whilst still feeling the effects of the morning exam.

There is a definite step up in the style of the exams from intermediate to Technician, so my advice would be to try and get as much done in your intermediate level studies as possible.

But if you want to sit ECR like I had to in the December with your Technician exams then it can be done as I passed all three :lol: but is much harder work and I would not recommend it to anybody unless they have no choice but to.:thumbup1:
  • Hilmara Crawshaw
    Thanks everyone.
    I think I'm getting there... I hope so and hopefully won't fail. :-)
  • Godzilla
    Godzilla Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    In event of failure ; Re sitting an exam

Hi,

I ve got a question.
    If i fail the exams in june for example, shall i get back to school, and paying and attending the whole courses at school, or could I just re sit without any classes on my own the following date of the same exam ?

Thank you,
    Godzilla.
  • kazseera
    hmmmm

ok heres a question, what if i fail in june and i fail the resit in december ?????
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    You keep resitting until you pass
  • kazseera
    really? oo wow... is there a certain amount of resits i can take?
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    no

The only problem you will have is if the standards change, there are a limited amount of sittings before you have to take the new standards. I think they last changed in 2003 and I haven't heard that there are any more changes in the pipeline
  • jorja1986
    jorja1986 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Godzilla wrote: »
    Hi,

I ve got a question.
    If i fail the exams in june for example, shall i get back to school, and paying and attending the whole courses at school, or could I just re sit without any classes on my own the following date of the same exam ?

Thank you,
    Godzilla.

I failed last June missed Dec and contacted my provider. I could sit the exams there as I had already paid for the course. It wasn't a problem. I think the only give 1 "free" resit though, (my provider others may hagve different rules).

I will say though that it can be tricky finding the will power to just revise. This is my own personal experience. Have a timetable planned out and all will go well.
  • LANETTE DARNBROUGH
    LANETTE DARNBROUGH Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    I sat ECR and passed. FRA i studied like crazy but nerves get the better of me all the time. I recalled on the revision days and began to realise were i was going wrong, safe to say i passed 2nd time. Dont worry too much keep revising DONT quit. And you will get there for sure. I work in a credit control dept and find that the only part of the whole AAT from foundation to tech has no relevance to my day to day job apart from PLB cause we do the cash books. Now i am on Technician and am due to sit my PEV and PCR. All i can say is practice makes perfect, the more i practice the better i feel when walking in. I still have the nerves but not as bad.

good Luck you can do it. xx
  • SAB05092825
    SAB05092825 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Zaib sabih

I would like to ask you the following questions related to my work in unit 5.

What are the 3 non accounting information entered in the fixed asset register?

What are the 4 things that needs to be adjusted when reconciling the sales ledger control and the sales ledger?

I hope you will be able to answer them and I look forward to your response.

Many thanks
  • kiwimogs
    kiwimogs Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    I would like to ask you the following questions related to my work in unit 5.

What are the 3 non accounting information entered in the fixed asset register?

What are the 4 things that needs to be adjusted when reconciling the sales ledger control and the sales ledger?

I hope you will be able to answer them and I look forward to your response.

Many thanks

fixed asset register; date of aquistion, vehicle registration, date of disposal. There is probably more but can't think. We finished last Wednesday after the exam.

Sales ledger control were returns, discount, sales day book and bank.

We had the same simulation.
Privacy Policy