P11d HMRC CD

Options
Poodle
Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi

When filling in a P11d using the HMR&C CD I have come across a problem.

In section N with entertainment you either put a tick or a cross in the box depending on the treatment of the expenses in the company tax comp.

The CD only allows a cross or to leave it blank.

I would like to tick the box:laugh:

Anyone found a way around this, apart from printing off and doing it manually?

Poodle

Comments

• Fran
    Fran Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi Poodle

I've just checked mine out and have found that if you cross the box, it will print out as a tick!

Seems the problem with mine is putting a cross in the box!

Pls let me know if it's the same with yours!

Fran
  • Poodle
    Options
    Fran,

Just tried that out and yes mine is the same as yours:lol::lol::lol:

Poodle
  • Fran
    Options
    Oh some more backwards ways from HMRC!
  • Fran
    Options
    Whilst we're on the subject, does anyone know if the P11D's can be filed online straight from the HMRC CD?

I am currently filling in all the details twice, once on the CD so the forms can be printed and again on online services.

Fran
  • Poodle
    Options
    Can't find a way to do this either and I am doing exactly the same as you.

Another gripe is that I ordered P11d's from HMR&C this year but you cannot use these with the CD either. I do not use a colour printer and so all of mine are black and white on two A4 sheets of paper.

I am going on a HMRC seminar in a couple of weeks time about online filing and I have started a list of questions.

Anyone like to add to it?

Poodle
  • sheelagh
    sheelagh Registered Posts: 133 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    P11d on CD Rom

I went on an HMRC P11d workshop last week - apparently you can't file direct from the CD Rom. Also, the software won't save your car details from one year to the next.
    So it looks as if you either enter direct to the website, or enter it all twice.
    Maybe next year ....
  • BIG WAL
    BIG WAL Registered Posts: 133 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Submitted my P11D online yesterday. Perhaps the quickest is to bypass the CD ROM and just do it online. You can print out either before or after submission. But this doesn't seem to enable a copy for the employee to be printed off.

Also, if you make an error, you can't send an amendment, as you can with a P35. I managed to omit sending one for a second employee, so had to post a copy of that to the local HMRC office with a covering letter.

In addition, if you have a Section 336 claim, this cannot be sent online, so in such a case, might as well use the CD ROM and post forms.

Will just stick to the CD ROM next year, unless I run out of time to meet the deadline.
Privacy Policy