Front page of todays PEV

Bens_princess
Bens_princess Registered Posts: 11 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Did anyone else notice that the question book said level 3 on it!??
I was worried i'd been given ECR instead for a minute!
Its worrying what the AAT get wrong :thumbdown:

Comments

• immense
    immense Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor โญ
    I never noticed that - just that it had PEV, PCR and MAC on it!! I was too worried what was inside I think!! lol!!
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Saw that as was about to start my exam. Freaked me out. Made me wonder what other mistakes were in that paper......
  • jimbob
    jimbob Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor โญ
    so did any of you question it or did u just get on with the exam
  • Laura88
    Laura88 Registered Posts: 48 Regular contributor โญ
    Yeah, I know, the invigilator wrote it on the board and we were all like...no, it is Level 4 we are doing!! She was like, oh dear...I have got the wrong paper, so she didn't give it out to us. We said to her that it must be right if it has got PEV on but she still wouldn't let us have it. We had to wait till our tutor came to see if it was the right exam....which it was!! She had phoned the AAT who apparantly were inundated with phonecalls and they had said...so you noticed our typing error then?!! How bad is that! So after all this, we started our exam half an hour late at 10am!

And this stupid mistake comes from a profesional body of the AAT!! How has this happened...are the papers not checked!?
  • JoJoAlf
    JoJoAlf Registered Posts: 9 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I am shocked to hear that the exam papers still contain silly mistakes - I didn't sit your paper today but sat MAC last June and there was a huge error in question 1 which they had to put their hands up to and allow 2 different answers to. I agree that as a professional body they should definitely have proof reading in place and also someone working through the exams before they are handed out to check that all is well.
    Anyway, good luckwith everything.
  • >Michaela<
    >Michaela< Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor โญ
    Shows how observant I am, I never even noticed!
  • *Sarah*
    *Sarah* Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰

lol i didn't either! Can't be a good sign!!
  • fpettifer
    fpettifer Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor โญ
    Yep noticed it, said level 3 pev on the question booklet and the answer booklet said level 4 pev, pcr and mac. Was more worried about the answer booklet having pcr and mac on it, thought hold on pcr is thursday isn't it!!! maybe i should have paid more attention to the 3 boxes and ticking the one i was doing - silly billy.

am i being stupid don't we usually write our names on the front cover? i don't recall doing this, just had to put our student number!! Or is that just sims? :001_tt2:
  • Laura88
    Laura88 Registered Posts: 48 Regular contributor โญ
    We have only ever had to put our membership number on exams as far as i remember. I think its the sims wherer you put your name.
  • Barbara Knight
    Barbara Knight Registered Posts: 20 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hi,
    I think you get to put you name and number on simulations, but just your number on the exams

Barbara :thumbup1:
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I cannot believe the AAT are STILL making stupid mistakes.

I had not realised that the June 07 paper had an error until now and this really annoys me because when I sat MAC in Dec 07 there was an error on that paper too!!! I was amazed that I passed it.

And now they do not even now what level the exams are.

I am seriously beginning to wonder if when I have qualified and I say to people that I am an MAAT, they are just going to laugh at me and use someone elses services.

AAT you are screwing with our futures.

Speegs
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Don't worry about not writing your names on the paper. This is deliberate as the markers are not supposed to know who has answered the paper. It is all kept confidential except for your membership number.

HOwever, on the simulations, because these are marked by your colleges you do put your name and membership number.

Speegs
  • 118 11kate
    118 11kate Registered Posts: 115 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰

I didnt notice either to busy trying not to wet my pants with last minute nerves lol although if it had of been level 3 it would have been sooooo much easier lol......oh well roll on August.
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    It's bad enough having mistakes in past exam answers without this! I wonder if S2.2 was a mistake too :crying:? Really though, exams are written a couple of years in advance and should havebeen through a thorough checking process before being thrust upon students who, let's face it, are very nervous - for some it could mean their jobs!

Also, how can an NVQ be assessed purely by examination? I thought the whole premise behind NVQ's was continuous - task/work related assessment.
  • mehmet
    mehmet Registered Posts: 113 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    People make mistakes. It's why there's a little rubber on the end of your pencil. Yes, exams are checked, but sometimes these errors slip through. It happens all the time. Books are proofread, but sometimes contain spelling errors. So do newspapers.
  • AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜

Also, how can an NVQ be assessed purely by examination? I thought the whole premise behind NVQ's was continuous - task/work related assessment.

It isn't all exam based - levels 2 and 3 include a lot of portfolio work and level 4 you have your project. And depending on your options, you can do two simulations (CMCC & IAP) instead of the two tax exams. I think that apart from the few problems you find with any course and its exams, the AAT is a well structured qualification and it can open so many doors for the future - ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA etc (which are incidently a lot more exam based than the AAT)
  • hfadkins19
    hfadkins19 Registered Posts: 12 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Well our exam invigilator handed us out the PEV level 3 (??) and level 4 papers when we were supposed to be doing level 3 ECR!!
  • bigmuggsy
    bigmuggsy Registered Posts: 92 Regular contributor โญ
    People make mistakes. It's why there's a little rubber on the end of your pencil. Yes, exams are checked, but sometimes these errors slip through. It happens all the time. Books are proofread, but sometimes contain spelling errors. So do newspapers.

The AAT isnt people, its an association. They SHOULDN'T be getting anything wrong on the papers, this is a sign of poor organisation. So do one Mehmet, like I told you before go and get you coats of arms and AAT tie
  • Leahwig
    Leahwig Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Our tutor let us know before the exam that an error had been made and not to worry otherwise i wouldnt have even noticed to be honest!!! was more worried about what was going to be in the paper than what was on the cover.
Privacy Policy