Voluntary Work/Work Experience - South Wales

Options
Lucy1979
Lucy1979 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
I have been looking for voluntary work or work experience in South Wales (preferably the Bridgend area). Does anyone know of anywhere that would be interested?? I have contacted a few businesses but no one seems to be interested in having free help!

Comments

• welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi there

Try charities and other voluntary organisations (maybe someone like the Dog's Trust?) - I have been acting as treasurer for my local church and have learned loads about 'accounts in action' that I wouldn't have found out from text books. It is worth just putting the feelers out and see what happens.

Good luck!
  • GoldenRetreiver
    GoldenRetreiver Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi Lucy,

I work for a rural voluntary organisation and am pleased to hear that you would like to gain some experience by working in the voluntary sector. I have had a look at links and recommend you go to the following http://www.bavo.org.uk/ . Most voluntary organisations are now grouped under an ' infrasturcure consortium' who can coordinate such groups (which can save an awful lot of time and money). I am sure if you contact them they can put you in touch with a communtiy and voluntary organisation within your area - it is really rewarding work.
  • Lucy1979
    Lucy1979 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Many thanks for these suggestions. I have been trying to get some voluntary work but no one seems interested in free help. I have just completed a form online for the Cat's Protection as they take on book keepers so thanks very much for the suggestions and I will let you know how I get on!
Privacy Policy