PCR Tomorrow

Dawn Brian
Dawn Brian Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
Can anyone help with an easy way of remembering how to do an operating statement. This is the only thing that I have trouble with.

Comments

• Fi21
    Fi21 Registered Posts: 19 New contributor 🐸
    What part of it can you not remember? Do you mean marginal and absorbed?

In section 2, there is an operating statement in the question, so you could just copy that layout if you're stuck.
  • Dawn Brian
    Dawn Brian Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    Budgeted Operating Statement

Hi,

Yes the second section is easy its the first section that I struggle with after you have done all of your budgets, I know its the Turnover, less the cost of sales, then add closing stock less open stock to give you the profits, its the cost of sales that I find difficult especially when you have wastage.
  • Fi21
    Sorry I can't be much help! I've only ever seen one question that asks us to do the operating statement in section 1 (June 07) and so far I can't figure out where they got the closing and opening stock from!!!
    :crying:
  • chelmsfordgirl1
    chelmsfordgirl1 Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    PCR Tomorrow

Does anyone know if you get the tables in the answer book or if you have to learn them. We haven't been shown any of this paper in our lessons.
  • coocoocadgoo
    coocoocadgoo Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    Does anyone know if you get the tables in the answer book or if you have to learn them. We haven't been shown any of this paper in our lessons.

Hi,
    You just get answer booked filled with lined paper - no templates! Same as PEV exam.
  • chelmsfordgirl1
    Thanks although its not what i wanted to hear. Im really going to be in trouble now
  • Bex
    Bex Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
    I wouldn't like to say if you get a template in the answer booklets. The reason being, is in my Monday PEV exam the answer booklet had on the front of it PEV / PCR and MAC, so it could be used for all exams. The reason that it could be used for all 3 was because it was simply a booklet of lined paper!! :thumbdown:

So I wouldn't count on templates and tables being in the answer booklets, I would try and learn the layouts in the way that you will be able to remember them - everyone remembers layouts differently and as long as the workings are clear and the answers are correct (if possible!) then you should be okay.

Bex

xxx :001_smile:
  • chelmsfordgirl1
    Thanks Bex,

Not good news for me or my class.
  • Fi21
    Didn't your tutor tell you there were no templates in the exam? I would complain if I were you.:thumbdown:
  • immense
    immense Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    Definitely no templates - just lined paper like PEV on Monday!!

I thought the operating statement was only in section 2 where it is already laid out in the question?

By cost of sales - do you mean opening stock+purchases-purchase returns-closing stock?

Or do you mean cost of purchases??
  • immense
    immense Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    immense wrote: »
    Definitely no templates - just lined paper like PEV on Monday!!

I thought the operating statement was only in section 2 where it is already laid out in the question?

By cost of sales - do you mean opening stock+purchases-purchase returns-closing stock?

Or do you mean cost of purchases??

Or cost of sales budget = cost of production budget+closing stock-opening stock?
  • confused!!
    confused!! Registered Posts: 130 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I hope we dont get one like section 2 of December 2006!!
Privacy Policy