FRA figures?? Its 8oclock now!

Options

Comments

• catz
    catz Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    FRA - After effects

Hi all.

How did you all do? i did well in section 1, but not good in section 2, i just got confused with the accum depre i wrote 1275, but then erased it. Deprec charge was 325 but did not put it in the adjustments, the b/s was £50 out, the interest rec was put after the gross profit but then, GUESS.........yes i erased IT:mad2:
    Can someone tell me what figs they got for current acc and does anyone know what the pass rate is? because skill test is 80%, exam should be lower:001_unsure: i hope. I am just going to worry worry and worry for 9 wks any tips to get my life back, it was my last exam.
  • CathG
    CathG Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    angela27 wrote: »
    why does the residual accumlated depreciation have to relate to the other fixed asset of 1000. the accumulated depreciation could be a couple of years depreciation on the vehicle we got rid of and if my theory was correct and we had already credited the bank and debited the vehicle account and this has just happened there would be no accump depcn on this asset as yet

this gets more confusing I can't remember there being a vehicle on the books in the first place!
  • ccreaven
    ccreaven Registered Posts: 119 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    catz wrote: »
    Hi all.

How did you all do? i did well in section 1, but not good in section 2, i just got confused with the accum depre i wrote 1275, but then erased it. Deprec charge was 325 but did not put it in the adjustments, the b/s was £50 out, the interest rec was put after the gross profit but then, GUESS.........yes i erased IT:mad2:
    Can someone tell me what figs they got for current acc and does anyone know what the pass rate is? because skill test is 80%, exam should be lower:001_unsure: i hope. I am just going to worry worry and worry for 9 wks any tips to get my life back, it was my last exam.

my balance sheet was £50 out because i forgot to add profit from p&l!:ohmy:
  • garry_coombs
    garry_coombs Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    catz wrote: »
    Hi all.

I got

TB: 176940
    Proft: 18250
    B/S: 9100

This seems to be fairly consistant across the board, there is disagreement on the pass mark, but I think its more likely to be marked on a curve then by strict % every year
  • bigfoot
    bigfoot Registered Posts: 19 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    im glad we all got the same equipment balance of 1200, i knew that would be the only thing that would catch me out was the disposals, even though i know the double entry its getting it how they want it particularly on journal entries that i found slippery but thankfully there was no journal entries to make.
  • CathG
    Options
    I think my equipment balance was £2300?
  • diane79
    diane79 Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    cathg wrote: »
    I think my equipment balance was £2300?

I think mine was the same
  • CathG
    Options
    Reading a post on another thread I think I may have misread the drawings/wages problem.

I increased the wages to 44500 and decreased the drawings for Jan (?) down to £18000 - was this the wrong way?
  • sue_391
    sue_391 Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Cheers Tim, probably what it was, don't remember putting a prepayment in anywhere, hope that wasn't enough to fail me.
  • diane79
    Options
    cathg wrote: »
    Reading a post on another thread I think I may have misread the drawings/wages problem.

I increased the wages to 44500 and decreased the drawings for Jan (?) down to £18000 - was this the wrong way?

I'm with you again on this one
  • garry_coombs
    garry_coombs Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    No this was correct, because then both drawings were 18000, which makes more sense
  • bigfoot
    Options
    I increased the wages to 44500 and decreased the drawings for Jan (?) down to £18000 - was this the wrong way?[/QUOTE]

me too, did you debit the wages account by the extra 2000 i think it was, and credit the current account? thats what i did
  • andrea1802
    andrea1802 Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    HI

thas what I did also.

Andrea
  • CathG
    Options
    that's brill - the only problem with these forums is you start believing that other people are right!
  • andrea1802
    Options
    Hi

I know what you mean, I felt really happy after the exam, now I am getting worried !!

Andrea
    :crying:
  • CathG
    Options
    I got

TB: 176940
    Proft: 18250
    B/S: 9100

This seems to be fairly consistant across the board, there is disagreement on the pass mark, but I think its more likely to be marked on a curve then by strict % every year

Could be then, if lots have done well, only the very best will get a pass?
  • ccreaven
    Options
    andrea1802 wrote: »
    HI

thas what I did also.

Andrea

nnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:ohmy:
    I hope that is not another mistake to add to my millions!!!
  • bigfoot
    Options
    where did everyone sit there exams just out of interest, i sat mine at carshalton college
  • CathG
    Options
    me too - let's go and watch Big Brother and have a glass of wine..... Goodnight all - well done today!
  • andrea1802
    Options
    HI

Maybe we should just wait for our results, but it is to tempting not to try and check your results

Andrea
  • diane79
    Options
    bigfoot wrote: »
    where did everyone sit there exams just out of interest, i sat mine at carshalton college

Mine was at Kaplan Birmingham
  • andrea1802
    Options
    New College Nottingham
  • sue_391
    sue_391 Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    bigfoot wrote: »
    Sat mine at Coleg Glan Hafren Cardiff
  • Jentel
    Jentel Registered Posts: 60 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I did better than i thaught. Had nerves at the start could not remember what to put in the Bank a/c but managed in the end. All my trial balances and P&L and B/S balanced (which was a 1st as they never did in any of the practice ones i did and there was a good few of them )with the figures most of you are talking about. £9100, disposal loss £125 etc. With the depreciation i went to credit the bank a/c but then changed my mind and credited back the equipment as i just thaught of the practice exam that had been similar....not that i still understand why.

I THINK WE HAVE ALL DONE PRETTY WELL.

I think maybe the reason Sandy has given any answers tonight because FRA is probably not his unit...
  • bigfoot
    Options
    i hope someone puts the answers up because i want to have a quick peek! im getting addicted to this forum i think, i heard theres only 4 people that mark the exams thats why it takes so long.
  • JohnDelaney60
    JohnDelaney60 Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Jentel

You are correct FRA is not sandys unit he does ECR,PEV,MAC and things to do with CIMA,I don't know if there is anybody else who can help out on FRA.
  • ccreaven
    Options
    9 weeks

:crying:oh no so we might have to wait the 9 weeks!! I'll be bald by then!!
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    diane79 wrote: »
    Interest received would be sundry income and cnsumable as expenses i think

Ahhh I think I forgot interst received
  • JohnDelaney60
    JohnDelaney60 Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    CCreaven

When I sat the exam a few years ago some on the forum grouped together when the question paper came out and they done diffrent sections they were comfortable with.
  • mahdi87
    mahdi87 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    i am such jakass i forgot to debit prepayment i debit it bank instead and messed up my B/S apart from that i done well .....would i still pass??? what the pass rate???
Privacy Policy