Exam Results

diane79
diane79 Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor ⭐
Does anyone know if there's any way of finding exactly what mark you've got for an exam?

It would just be nice to get a bit more feeback other than just Succesful/Unsuccesful

Comments

• sebastianforbes
    sebastianforbes Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    you could maybe take legal action and obtain a court order ?!?

the aat would then be legally obliged to inform you.
  • diane79
    Maybe a bit more extreme than I was thinking, but I guess it could work...
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I'm sure I read somewhere that you could now ask them for a breakdown of your performance on papers - though I may be wrong (I ceertainly was in my PEV paper on Monday)
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    you can request a copy of your marked paper but it will cost you.

not sure how much though

tracy
  • immense
    immense Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    you have to pay for it - i believe it is about £30!
  • supersweet2
    supersweet2 Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    hey well you can appeal for it which would cost £40 and thats just to get the % in both sections to find out what marks you have u need to appeal again which will cost about £140 or something
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    dat aint gona help your cause better 2 sit it again its just 3 months after the exams aug to dec peace out
  • sebastianforbes
    sebastianforbes Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    in all seriousness diane,

recently, one of the actuarial societies declared that students would find it more productive, and cost effective, to spend the appeal money on exam counselling as apparently, so few results are overturned !

all the best
    sebastian.
  • jorja1986
    jorja1986 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I read an article in the aat mag who suggested it would be a good idea to say how well or badly someone done. I think they went along the lines of you dont just tell a client theat they are doing well, you tell them HOW well.

I would like to know how I done if I scraped through or if I did actually show competancy.

I dont think there is any way that they give you your result and I sure as hell wont pay for them after shelling out on membership fees and the exams.
  • diane79
    I've just sat FRA and ECR and I think I've done ok, but as jorja said it would be nice to know if I've just scraped through or completely nailed it. By the time I've got home I've forgotten exactly what answers I've put, surely it wouldn't be too difficult to give us a percentage scored for each section along with the Successful/Unsuccessful result.
  • OldTimer
    OldTimer Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Wow, how things have changed. When I sat my finals (quite a while ago I'll admit) we were given actual percentages. I told me that I got 98% in Financial Accounting (and I just wanted to know where I'd lost 2 marks as my answers were all correct!) and a similarly high mark in Tax (Business and Personal weren't split in those days it was all in one paper) but I only scraped through in Costing.
    Whilst I passed all four papers in the sitting, it did help me to concentrate my efforts on my weaker subjects when I moved on to higher qualifications and it also helped me to decide on a career path - clearly it was going to be easier for me not to be in Costing!

I see no reason why this had to be changed.
Privacy Policy