Which books to Buy

Options
kenny
kenny Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
Hopefully just passed my Intermediate Stage and wanting to go on to Technician level. Can anyone give me a list of books that they found useful? Im going to try and start my studying for technician soon so I have a head start in September.

Comments

• te170381
    te170381 Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    you need to know which units you are doing before you buy the books.

But I always find the osbourne books the best!!! They talk about things in lamen terms none of this jargon and jumping from on eplace to another like some books.
  • immense
    immense Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    te170381 wrote: »
    you need to know which units you are doing before you buy the books.

But I always find the osbourne books the best!!! They talk about things in lamen terms none of this jargon and jumping from on eplace to another like some books.

hear hear!! we used bpp in foundation - horrid!! Obbourne for intermediate and technician - bliss!! They are extremely explanatory. But yes - you need to know what units you are taking 1st. Although, units 8 and 9 are compulsory so you could get them to start with until you know all the other units you are doing!
  • Dee
    Dee Registered Posts: 29 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I have just taken PTC and although I preferred the Osborne books for PCR, PEV and DFS, the BPP books are better for BTC and PTC. The Osborne book for PTC used old rates for the Official Rate of Interest and didn't cover redundancy payments which both came up in the PTC exam and this tripped a lot of people up.
  • LouLou143
    LouLou143 Registered Posts: 74 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    We used Kaplan books - terrible.

Osbourne definately the best - I self taught myself on DFS and it was far better than the Kaplan one.
Privacy Policy