DFS Wednesday

Options
frostie1
frostie1 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
Hi there, feel so annoyed with myself, had a complete mental block on how to finish the balance sheet, I was really out, which sent me into a blind panic, put quite a lot of info down, do you think this will fail me, also not brilliant with the wordy questions at the best of times, fingers crossed :cool2:

Comments

• peugeot
    peugeot Registered Posts: 624 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    This question has been asked a lot this week - along with:

"What's the pass mark - is it 80% is it 60%?"

The point is regardless of whether the pass mark is 80% or 60%, markers are trained and are objective in their approach to marking. Your balance sheet may not have balanced, but balancing it is not a prerequisite to passing the question. The whole marking process is to conclude on the competence level of a candidate. Competence is made up of a number of attributes. In real life you might make a mistake on a bank reconciliation - but be totally competent in actually doing one.

The truth is that you don't know how the marking process works and a number of factors have to be taken into account during the process.

The best advice I can give candidates now is (even if you feel you made a complete mess of the paper) forget about it. There is absolutely nothing you can do about it now. You can't get your script back, you can't change your answer, you can't speak to the markers and you can't influence the process.

Tomorrow is the end of the exam week - forget them and enjoy the rest of the summer!!!:thumbup:

Regards
    Steve
  • visha
    visha Registered Posts: 218 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I second that!

Be positive move on! don't wate time on the post-mortem.
Privacy Policy