Ptc

Emma1708
Emma1708 Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Well now thats over, fingers crossed I am finished if I have passed PTC & BTC this week. I know we cant discuss specifics until 3pm but how did you find it?

I was disappointed that a few things I was confident with did not come up,but overall I thought it was ok. Thats until people start mentioning figures on here and I panic!

x

Comments

• kyle1
    kyle1 Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor โญ
    i thought section 1 was different to alot of the past papers i have done but aslong as you had the sound knowledge it was straight forward. also section two was alot easier than i was expecting?
  • Emma1708
    If I pm you will you tell me what you did for a couple of the questions please?
  • kyle1
    bit knew to being on here what do you mean lol?
  • jilbo
    jilbo Registered Posts: 197 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I thought the paper was good and was quite happy until afterwards when I realised that I cocked up in part 1. I know the rules, where did the info go when sat in the exam room?!!

Still, my tutor says i shouldn't have failed because of it, although he didn't seem to have a definate answer!
  • Emma1708
    When you are logged in, if you look at the top right it will say welcome, when you last logged in and your number of private messages. You can click on private messages to read and reply
  • Emma1708
    jilbo wrote: ยป
    I thought the paper was good and was quite happy until afterwards when I realised that I cocked up in part 1. I know the rules, where did the info go when sat in the exam room?!!

Still, my tutor says i shouldn't have failed because of it, although he didn't seem to have a definate answer!

Now I am worried!
  • kyle1
    When you are logged in, if you look at the top right it will say welcome, when you last logged in and your number of private messages. You can click on private messages to read and reply
    sound dont mind telling you what i got will be good for my own peice of mind to what questions you want discuss?
  • jilbo
    jilbo Registered Posts: 197 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Sorry, may not have worded that right. He didn't seem to have an answer to the question but he was sure I wouldn't fail because of it.
  • Emma1708
    Jilbo, I have pm'd you - I need to know what you mean
  • meinemonkey
    meinemonkey Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Well I am 99.9% certain i have failed PTC
    I thought that was a really tricky exam with a few really nasty things thrown in which were quite sneaky and confusing!

Part 2 was a bit easier but section 1 was a nightmare
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I thought it was horrible! Our tutor said PPR wouldn't come up, and guess what the first question in section 2 is! But then the other questions in section 2 were easier. And I thought section 1 was more complicated than what I'd practiced, it just wasn't what I was expecting at all.
  • ma1thew
    ma1thew Registered Posts: 22 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    i thought section 2 was ok apart from the question named above. hope i did it right. can discuss at 3. i just found the last part tricky on section 1
  • aer87
    aer87 Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor โญ
    PTC Exam

Hey Guys

I know i have done something silly on PPR, and i doubted myself in the exam, i should have gone with instinct.... And also...

Have you guys been taught how to deal with redundancy?
    Because we never come across it, and we think our tutor has messed up big style? So i've at least lost over 2 marks, just hope thats all....
  • gregs
    gregs Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Todays' PTC

Without going into specifics - Oh dear! Got the PPR question wrong - may have one or two marks - but that was about it there - so the figure carried through to CGT was too large (but since carried through - no more loss of marks there hopefully). Then the picture! Forgot about loss on sale - although added 'Deemed Cost' - so may get some. Section 1 fine - but these two bits have severely dented my confidence as to whether I got enough to pass. Typically thought it was my strongest of the BTC MAC and this - as it turned out - the weakest! Typical!! All over now til the results.
  • Emma1708
    Just checked the text book and have found that I have definitely got something wrong :thumbdown:

Will be back at 3pm if anyone will be here to discuss specifics
  • aer87
    Yes me too...... i was O-k when i came out of the exam (after an hour haha)
    But then to learn them things listed above off people who got to see out tutor after the exam, arghhhhhh,. now i have little confidence and a long wait ahead!
  • ma1thew
    ma1thew Registered Posts: 22 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    i couldn't find anying in the books about redundancy. what did you do? also what did you do for the ppr
  • Emma1708
    ma1thew - we cant discuss specifics until after 3pm
  • aer87
    i have private messaged u matthew
  • hunter
    hunter Registered Posts: 54 Regular contributor โญ
    what a nightmare!!! totally failed section 1, also stupid PPR! hope to discuss at 3 :(:(
  • tiny tina
    tiny tina Registered Posts: 14 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    me too, guess i will be resitting in december it was a horrible exam
  • Hamish
    Hamish Registered Posts: 8 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I messed up too. PPR ok, I think but didn't know about redundancy and I took the wrong option and then that followed by calculating employment income incorrectly. I don't want to know now as we have 9 weeks until the results.

If a lot of students have struggled perhaps there is a glimmer of hope for us!
  • Dee
    Dee Registered Posts: 29 Regular contributor โญ
    I have just been looking at the notes on HMRC website and feel a little bit better about it all now. :thumbup1:
  • Emma1708
    Dee wrote: ยป
    I have just been looking at the notes on HMRC website and feel a little bit better about it all now. :thumbup1:

I have pm'd you
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I got on ok with the exam, PPR was "dismally answered" in the last exam according to the examiners report so i did my homework on that one.

One thing that made me a bit wary was a lot of answers to multiple decimal places. Just because I'm used to exercises where they ensure the answers are nice and "clean". So i quadruple checked most of it!!
Privacy Policy