Sandy's Answer PEV June 2008

SandyHood
SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
At this stage I am asking for help from proof readers before I make my answers available generally.
Please only email me if you are prepared to read my answers, check them and get back to me.
If you only want a copy for yourself etc, please wait. Once the proof reading is over, I can make corrections and then make these available for you.

I will send them out to those who make the subject line
Proof Sandy's Answer PEV June 2008 and email me at the address below
PMs don't work in the same way
Thanks
Sandy
Sandy
sandy@sandyhood.com
www.sandyhood.com

Comments

• SandyHood
    Thank you to AdamR
    I will update this morning and expect to have them available generally by around lunchtime today
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • laurenw
    laurenw Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi Sandy,

Will you be doing answers for the PCR exam?

It was a nightmare and could really do with seeing where it all went wrong :-(.
  • SandyHood
    I picked up a copy of the question paper this morning. I should be able to make my PCR answers available on Tuesday (probably late afternoon)

My PEV answers are available now.
    There were 2 helpful contributors Mehmet and AdamR.
    Thank you to both of you.

There was a number of either can't or won't proof readers. This happens after every diet of exams, but I don't see why these people can't wait for the proof readers to do their work instead of rushing in for a half cooked product.

If you would like a copy now, the subject line is now

It is automatic, so you must get it precisely right. Miss a letter or ' or put the words in the wrong order and the system won't recognise it and you'll end up in my inbox and have to wait for me to manually respond.
    Also you must email me not private message me to trigger off the system.

Private messages will be dealt with, but again you could have a long wait.

Finally, I welcome both comments AND if you spot any errors. I don't pretend to be perfect. Please email these too with a different subject line an I'll not read the contents of emails with the subject
    There'll be too many.

I've had almost 400 ECR answer requests already
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • NBB
    NBB Registered Posts: 125 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Thank you Sandy, Although I wish I hadn't seen them now really gutted over that 2.2 question it was a major part of section 2 by the looks of your answer's!!! Oh well, I'll go wallow in self pity now!!!
  • confused!!
    confused!! Registered Posts: 130 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Me too - think im ok on Section one but not section 2

think the only parts i got right were the target costing and lifestyle !!! and some of the ratio's.... i calculated the /units in pence rather than pounds... think i got 0.30 instead of 300 etc
  • NBB
    I feel like I just wanna go to sleep and wake up in August!!! I hate this inbetween stage and if I have failed the 6 month wait, college fees, exam fees etc!!
  • elmo
    elmo Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Answers to PEV

Hello Sandy
    Thanks so much for the suggested answers. I did okay apart from the turbines question. I thought from the question that it was asking to compare 10,000 units being made in the UK and 10,000 units being made in Romania so I based my figures and conclusions on that. Roll on August for the results.
    Regards Jane
  • Don
    Don Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    How can see your answers ?? I would really like to see them. Well done for providing them :)
  • Don
    Yes please !!!!
  • Don
    Will send mail
  • NBB
    Or send an email to

sandy.hood@chichester.ac.uk

with the subject line exactly like below!!

• pennie moore
    pennie moore Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi
    Sorry to be a pain is it possible to email me the answers for pev also ?
    Thanks
  • coocoocadgoo
    coocoocadgoo Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thank you Sandy Hood - what a great idea :)
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Superb. I feel much better now thanks
  • vickybrown31
    vickybrown31 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Thank YOU Sandy!
    Last thing I wanted to appear is cocky BUT I think I have that one in the bag. I am terrible at the written questions, however most of the numerical answers have a flicker of recognision so I am confident I have passed the PEV, now I may be being cheeky now but will you be doing the same for the PCR?
  • swampy1901
    swampy1901 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thanks for your answers Sandy.

Athough I can hardly remember the questions now - I think my brain went into overload - can't handle it mode!!
    Some answers (but unfortunately not all) look familiar but I still dont think I've done enough to pass. I'd better hang on to everything for revision for the December resit!!

I appreciate your time spent on our behalf.

Swampy
  • LJ1
    LJ1 Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    Has anyone had chance to read the answers as I am a little confused??!!!

Fixed Overhead Expenditure Variance I thought it was only £5,000 adverse.In my answer to why I explained that it looked like the standard was set before the software upgrade.Depreciation came out at £5,000 per month?

I therefore had a true variance on expenditure of £0?

Interest Cover - I thought this was operating profit/interest payable not net profit/interest payable?

Can somebody help?

I totally messed up 2.2 so have no chance but I'd rather learn from my mistakes and try understand where I have gone wrong x
  • Mohsan
    Mohsan Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    LJ1 wrote: »

Fixed Overhead Expenditure Variance I thought it was only £5,000 adverse.In my answer to why I explained that it looked like the standard was set before the software upgrade.Depreciation came out at £5,000 per month?

That's right

I disagree with Sandy's answers to 2.2 although that's probably because I misread the question. I understood it as £650 + unavoidable overheads so my answers were comparing £800 to £755 (for 10,000 units) and £725 to £714.29 (for 14,000).
  • SandyHood
    LJ1
    I wish you'd been a proof reader

Interest Cover - I thought this was operating profit/interest payable not net profit/interest payable?

Can somebody help?

I totally messed up 2.2 so have no chance but I'd rather learn from my mistakes and try understand where I have gone wrong x
    Yesterday 22:29
    I am looking at interest cover now (after sending out over 150 copies)
    You are quite right
    .operating profit
    ..interest payable....= interest cover

I have a £5,000 adverse variance for fixed overhead expenditure (it was only a pre proof version that has a misread figure by me where I'd copied the total cost by mistake) but when I updated I only looked at the operating statement and did not look at the 1.1(d) report
    I have two words for you
    THANK YOU

I will not be able to change the automatic answer that goes out when you send me an email until Tuesday.
    My advice is patience, but I know that part of the proof reading problem was that patience is very thin on the ground, so there will be plenty of requests for the one with errors in it.
    As soon as I set up the corrected verion, I will start a new thread and put the revised subject line in the thread.
    But it won't be before Tuesday.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • pennie moore
    Hi Sandy
    Sorry to be a pain but it is possible for you to send me a copy of the pev answers at all ?
    Thankyou
  • LouLou143
    LouLou143 Registered Posts: 74 Regular contributor ⭐
    Mohsan wrote: »
    That's right

I disagree with Sandy's answers to 2.2 although that's probably because I misread the question. I understood it as £650 + unavoidable overheads so my answers were comparing £800 to £755 (for 10,000 units) and £725 to £714.29 (for 14,000).

That is exactly how I did it...I think we misread the question...but still got the same answer on subcontracting out the 10000 and not the 14000....oh well we learn by our mistakes although the question was worded badly!
  • LouLou143
    Hi Sandy
    Sorry to be a pain but it is possible for you to send me a copy of the pev answers at all ?
    Thankyou

Pennie - see post number 4 on details of how to obtain them...bearing in mind the error as detailed above in his recent post.
  • alwa-37
    alwa-37 Registered Posts: 38 Regular contributor ⭐
    thank you sandy :thumbup1:

ur great

can you pls provide PCR 2008 ans...
  • LouLou143
    alwa-37 wrote: »
    thank you sandy :thumbup1:

ur great

can you pls provide PCR 2008 ans...

He will.....he is doing it next week!
  • pennie moore
    Thankyou LouLou
  • Midmac
    Midmac Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Thanks Sandy ! That exam is in the bag ! Woop !

Just got DFS to worry about, if i pass that it will be Midmac MAAT !
  • >Michaela<
    >Michaela< Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor ⭐
    LouLou143 wrote: »
    That is exactly how I did it...I think we misread the question...but still got the same answer on subcontracting out the 10000 and not the 14000....oh well we learn by our mistakes although the question was worded badly!
    I answered in the same way, I wish I could read the question again, surely the aat will take all this into consideration.
  • supersweet2
    supersweet2 Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    hey can you plz send me a copy to plz supersweet2@hotmail.com
  • shahy
    shahy Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    oh my god

its a pity after seeing your attempt on the answers. My way of thinking was completely different. After all now i believe the six months was a wastage of time, but still hoping for a yes yes in the statement as I am an optimist
    shahy
  • >Michaela<
    >Michaela< Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor ⭐
    Does anyone remember what the question for 2.2 was as I am now beginning to worry i have totally ballsd up when before I was quite confident!
Privacy Policy