DFS June 2008

Options
2cool
2cool Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor โญ
Hi people
This is the same as my other post regarding the MAC exam :lol:

Just wondering how everyone did with the DFS. How did you all do? Let us know your feelings about it.

Comments

• eks26
    eks26 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Went really well i hope....just wish we had the results before August!!

Can't really go wrong on this one....if it all balances your most of the way there :001_smile:
  • vickyrichardson1
    vickyrichardson1 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Dfs

Walked out of the exam thinking id nailed it!!
    After speaking to my friend after, I realised the very last question was ASSETS-LIABILITIES = EQUITY.
    I wrote about preparing the accounts on the basis of confidentiality, accruals, prudence, going concern.... etc.
    For some reason because of the question about confidentiality before, i thought it was linked and i am really annoyed because i knew the right answer aswell and took me ages to learn the definitions.
    Every one of my calculations balanced on section one and answered all the written parts well but on section 2, i done the ROCE instead of return on equity and didnt answer the bit about the elements in the balance sheet right - SO STUPID! Now im really scared that I am going to fail the second section???
    WHAT DO YOU THINK?????????????????
  • eks26
    eks26 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    I did the Return on Equity calculation wrong too....i used profit from operations instead of profit after tax!
    I don't think you'll fail because of that and the wrong answer to the last one....by what some people have been putting on these discussions, i think you'll be fine, especially if everything balanced in section one.
    Good luck for when the results come out...can't believe we have to wait soooo long!!
  • leanne1982
    leanne1982 Registered Posts: 9 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    I done ok on most of it but i have messed up on the theory questions. Does anyone no how much is dependent on the Theory. I so gutted
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    mate dont want let u down but i made the same mistake didint write the accounting equation but they failed me for that
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Walked out of the exam thinking id nailed it!!
    After speaking to my friend after, I realised the very last question was ASSETS-LIABILITIES = EQUITY.
    I wrote about preparing the accounts on the basis of confidentiality, accruals, prudence, going concern.... etc.
    For some reason because of the question about confidentiality before, i thought it was linked and i am really annoyed because i knew the right answer aswell and took me ages to learn the definitions.
    Every one of my calculations balanced on section one and answered all the written parts well but on section 2, i done the ROCE instead of return on equity and didnt answer the bit about the elements in the balance sheet right - SO STUPID! Now im really scared that I am going to fail the second section???
    WHAT DO YOU THINK?????????????????

I did similar, and worried as section two is small! Making those mistakes in section 1 wouldn't matter so much as it'd balance out..

On the other hand you have to show competance in all areas so I don't know. And pass rates always seem to be fairly high. As long as you did and wrote about 3 of the 4 ratios correctly I'm hoping that alone will show competance?!
  • shahy
    shahy Registered Posts: 6 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    that was a blast

I have never imagined the DFS paper being so easy. Everything got balanced in one shot and doesn't have to look back also. All the credits goes to our Tutor, from the very beginning she started with past papers.

Very happy for DFS but dreading over the nightmare of PEV and PCR

Shahy:thumbup1:
  • leanne1982
    Options
    When did you fail?
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    You won't get failed for one mistake. I know I made quite a few errors when I took DFS this time last year and had worries about whether I'd passed. I suspect under exam conditions most people will end up making mistakes they wouldn't otherwise and that examiners do take this into consideration.

In any case, you won't know until you know and you can't change things now; so forget about it until August.
  • leanne1982
    Options
    Thank you. I think the best thing I can do is to go on holiday and get drunk.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Sounds like a plan to me :)
  • vickyrichardson1
    vickyrichardson1 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    mate dont want let u down but i made the same mistake didint write the accounting equation but they failed me for that

Really. How do you know you failed on that - did you appeal?
    Hopefully i get a nice examiner!! lol even though its not funny. I knew the answer!!!!!! I wonder if they give you marks for getting the wrong answer but having some relation?
Privacy Policy