tehnicain level

Options
carly181286
carly181286 Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
Hi

Ive just finished btc/ptc and completed units 8,9 and 11. (currently doing project)

I want to go on to ACA and gain excemption.
For some excemptions it states that you need to of complete tehnician level.

Does this mean that as ive only completed 2 out of the 4 choices that i wont get excempt.!!!

HELP!!!!!!!

Thanks

Carly xx

Comments

• te170381
    te170381 Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I know that for CIMA you have to have done all units, including your project, and received your certificate before they will grant you exemptions.

Not too sure about ACCA but i should imagine its all the same, you haven't realy completed the level until you get your certificate.
  • carly181286
    carly181286 Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I can still get my certificate as there options and you only need to do 2 which i have!

arrghh im stressing now!!!

x
  • Hunnibun
    Hunnibun Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Our tutors told us we had to do all units to get exemptions from ACA/ACCA/CIMA, sorry.
    Our tutors were not the best so they maybe wrong.
    I suggest having a look at the ACCA website
    http://www.accaglobal.com/

It should tell you there or possibly contact them and ask.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I can confirm that to get exemptions from F1, 2 and 3 of ACCA you only need to have completed technician, it doesn't matter which optional units you have done.
  • jorja1986
    jorja1986 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I was under the impression that you gained exemption by passing all the units that you were listed to take, usually only 2 options. Not that you had to do all choice levels as well.

I think bluewednesday is right I dont think you have to do everything on all units in tech just pass what you have to.
  • AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    After completing AAT Technician you will be exempt from these ACA Exams:
    • Business and Finance
    • Management Information
    If you pass Unit 11 (Industry, Practice and Commerece) you will be exempt from
    • Accounting
    If you pass Unit 17 (Implementing Audit Procedures) you will be exempt from
    • Assurance
    And if you pass both Units 18 (Business Tax) and Unit 19 (Personal Tax) you will gain exemptions from
    • Principles of Taxation

Therefore if you do three of the four optional papers at AAT (there is no exemption for Unit 15 CMCC) you will have 5 less exams to sit. This only leaves one exam at the knowledge level.

Also, you can sit a Financial Accounts top-up paper that will mean you don't have to sit the full Financial Accounting paper at the application level.

I hope this helps; more information can be found at http://www.icaew.com/index.cfm?route=150507
Privacy Policy