Cheque Requisition

Richard08
Richard08 Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
Hi,

I have a question which i would appreciate if you could help with.

In what circumstances will someone need to complete a cheque requisition?

Normally when you recieve an invoice there is no need for cheque requisition form to be completed because you make the payment on the invoice either by BACS or if they dont include bank details then you pay by cheque.

Thank you

Richard

Comments

• katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You would only need to fill in a Cheque Requisition form when you are requesting a cheque for an unusual item, say to pay for room hire or caterers. Something that the company doesn't have a PCLA for.

Hope this makes sense
  • Richard08
    Thanks for your reply. What is a PCLA?

Thanks

Richard
  • katsutlieff
    PCLA is Purchase Ledger Control Account. This is where you will find the financial comings and goings of all the creditors, which will relate back to the creditors accounts.

So if you need to pay for a one off item it is unlikely that their will be an account open for it so you will fill in a Cheque requisition form
  • Richard08
    Many thanks for your replies they have helped very much. So if it does not involve the PLCA how is it recorded?

What are the accounting entries? Would there be a need to create a separate control account to record these one of payments?

Thank you

Richard
  • katsutlieff
    I would suggest that they would still go though the Cash Book as usual and would be posted to a relevant expense account in the Main Ledger.
Privacy Policy