just a quick question if you would help

miketranmerefan
miketranmerefan Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor ⭐
alrite all

just done me level 2 exam diploma route, obviously i feel 99percent confident i have nailed that exam, but what is the step up like from level 2 to level 3.

at the moment ive been doing level 2 at home study, after me exam got sent more books to do with simul;ationsand that.

if anyone could help, it would be very apprecaited
Kind regards
Mike

Comments

• mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    well mike. youve done really well doing distant learning . dont know wether i could of done that . but if you have passed the second year, i have heard on the grapevine(or this forum) that there are 4 exams and 2 skills test and a project(starting with a 3000-4000 work essey) but dont know wether that will be the same distant learning .

plus dont know wether its slightly different with diploma pathway against the nvq pathway !

mark
  • Rune
    Rune Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor ⭐
    Level 3 intermediate.

Level 3 isn't to bad, depending which route you take.

I have just finished, and now waiting for my exam results.
    I took the NVQ portfolio route, Whish included 3 Skills tests FRA (financial), ECR (costings - which I loved) and reporting. All three had skills test in which you were allowed to leave the room with ur books to refresh ur memory! ECR and FRA both had exams which were taken in June.

There are NO 4000 word essays to do, thats level 4. So don't panick you will be fine and infact we had 4 people on level 3 who had done level 2 and they were a great help to the rest of us. So you will already have the basics to start the next level, go for it you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.:thumbup:
  • Jon_1984
    Jon_1984 Registered Posts: 186 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Having just finished level three and previously done level two (both at evening classes) I think the key difference is that level two centred round learning concepts such as double entry where as level three has a fair amount of specific details to learn (such as SSAP 5 being about VAT - THINK SSAP V for VAT PEOPLE!!!!). The other thing is that the only way to learn a lot of level three stuff (such as costing formula's) was to practise, practise and then practise again. I was a bit lazy about this in the middle of the year ( I thought I had better things to do with my time) and then found that the only way to catch it up was literally to sit down and do every past paper available......In the week before the exams (I think I did ok though)!

Good luck!
  • miketranmerefan
    cheers luv for that ver supportive and that
  • mark130273
    cheers luv for that ver supportive and that

have been told thou that the next year is hard work but if you put the work in you will reap the rewards...

p.s. im a tranmere fan too ......big up the rovers and lets beat the pool on sat !!! 3-1
  • miketranmerefan
    why mate where you from

up the rovers
  • mark130273
    why mate where you from

up the rovers

im quite close to the seacombe ferry, why where about are you ?

and by the way barrrrrrr humbug !!!!0-1
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Depolma Pathway

Hi

Am getting rather confused now ive been told the NVQ route you have to complete a porfolio however - on the deploma route you dont have to complete one?

Ive just completed the certificate stage and about to do the advanced certificate, and have been told we dont have any to do?
  • mark130273
    A-Vic wrote: »
    Hi

Am getting rather confused now ive been told the NVQ route you have to complete a porfolio however - on the deploma route you dont have to complete one?

Ive just completed the certificate stage and about to do the advanced certificate, and have been told we dont have any to do?

well i have heard myself that on either you have to do a portfolio but you can use your workplace as proof of a lot of the things(thats if youve got one)

but have been told once you get into the course it is quite easy to complete the portfolio............

just hoping we all pass, because i dont fancy sitting another paper !!
Privacy Policy