Excel Pie charts

Options
sarahwilson
sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
I am a little bit stuck. I am creating a pie chart in excel to show the aged debtors by period as a % of the overall total. The creation of the piechart is fine, I am just stuck as to how to show my oldest column, Sage is showing me an end total of 5583.75, however there are 2 credit balances of £1721.41 so the true figure is 7305.16. How do I show this in my pie chart, I am doing a written over view of each section and this being the oldest there needs to be a thorough breakdown, which ata glance isn't going to total back due to the credits.

Any suggestions? This is my first dabble in the Month End accounts and I really want this to be right :blushing:

Comments

• Sevren
    Sevren Registered Posts: 101 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Sarah - I may have missed the point here - but I presume that the users of the report are interested in money that is owed to them and not the outstanding credit - so I wouldn't bother trying to match it back as this will only distort the 'reallity' of the situation.

If there is such a thing in graphs !
  • Nilesh Mandvia
    Nilesh Mandvia Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Pie Chart
    I am just stuck as to how to show my oldest column, Sage is showing me an end total of 5583.75, however there are 2 credit balances of £1721.41 so the true figure is 7305.16. :blushing:

I do not think that he pie chart would ge able to deal with three dimentional data. In order to show correct aged debt you have to carry to out following journal.

Debit : Debtors control Account £1721.42

Credit : Creditors control Account £1721.42

This will correct the outstanding amount on account. However I do not know whether Sage will allow you to do the posting direct to debtors/creditors control accounts.

Easy option, create a pie chart from excel and remove those two credit entries, this will show correct aged debtors, however this will differ from the accounts, So I suggest to make a note at the bottom, about this credit entries.

I hope this help, if you need any further help, just send me a message

Nilesh
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Thanks both of you thats really helpful. I am trying to become more proficient with excel and graph making so expect plenty more queries:laugh:
Privacy Policy