Hooray!!!

Dee
Dee Registered Posts: 29 Regular contributor ⭐
Just wanted to tell someone - anyone that I have just been able to apply for full membership online! I have been panicking because I couldn't get hold of my tutors and the AAT told me that they hadn't received the results of my unit 10 when I tried to submit my membership application. But tonight I was able to submit the application so they must have received all my results. Now I can apply for my ACCA exemptions.
Hooray!!! :thumbup:

Sorry but I just needed to get that out of my system. :blushing:

Comments

• peugeot
    peugeot Registered Posts: 624 Epic contributor 🐘
    Well done!!:thumbup:

Kind wishes
    Steve
  • Dee
    Thanks Steve
  • ambitious
    ambitious Banned User Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
    Can someone explain the definition of "full membership" ? I assume this is when you pass all the exams and also have a minimum of 1 years work experience ? Is the work experience essential ? I did foundation and intermediate so can my work experience from those two years apply ?
  • ambitious
    Thanks for answering my question. This forum is very "knowledgable".
  • aer87
    aer87 Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
    hey ambitious

full membership, is in fact, all exams and units passed
    and 3 years experience - i'm sure it is? but i'd ask others to make sure?

just doing the courses doesn't give you the work experience.... you need 2 be able 2 prove that you have used your new knowledge within a workplace?

hope this helps?
  • ambitious
    aer87 wrote: »
    full membership, is in fact, all exams and units passed
    and 3 years experience - i'm sure it is? but i'd ask others to make sure?

just doing the courses doesn't give you the work experience.... you need 2 be able 2 prove that you have used your new knowledge within a workplace?

hope this helps?

Thanks for your reply. Your answer gives me some idea although I wonder whether this means being "AAT qualified" and "full membership" are the same thing ? As for asking others I doubt anyone on this forum will reply.
  • ambitious
    Just as I expected. No replies. Suprise suprise.
  • peugeot
    Ambitious,

Perhaps if you were not as harsh in your posts, then maybe you would get a better response to your queries. Often people won't respond to posts that they consider stand-offish.

The answers to your questions are all on this website. Have a look at:

http://www.aat.org.uk/students/display/store4/item35896/

Alternatively, why not ring the AAT if you are not satisfied with the responses you get on here.
  • ambitious
    This does answer my question. I really did not know about this. Thanks for your reply. And yes I'll try not to sound too frustrated next time! I thought the AAT forums were full of "helpful" students and "expert" lecturers so thats why I got frustrated. But ok I'm sorry. And once again thanks for your reply.
  • peugeot
    No problem. I am glad you found your answer!

There are lots of posts on here that go unanswered - even the members in practice threads sometimes don't receive a reply. Generally though, if you want to ask a question about AAT itself, it's normally best to ring them. There are a couple of tutors that come on here and a couple of qualified accountants (though we don't necessarily know the answers to all the queries) but it's mainly students and MIPs who pool their knowledge.

Best wishes
    Steve
  • Dee
    I think this forum is brilliant! I don't reply very often because I'm too busy reading all the information. The MIPs comments are always helpful and often other people have already asked the questions for you. I for one am really grateful when people do take the time to give answers.
  • *Sarah*
    *Sarah* Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    ambitious wrote: »
    Just as I expected. No replies. Suprise suprise.

Give people a chance, some of us have to work, study and juggle a personal life so don't have much time to answer posts on here back straight away
  • ambitious
    *Sarah* wrote: »
    Give people a chance, some of us have to work, study and juggle a personal life so don't have much time to answer posts on here back straight away

End of subject.
  • immense
    immense Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    It is one years work experience that is needed. I submitted 64 weeks worth earlier in the year and was advised that was enough! So I am just waiting for Junes results to apply for full membership - I didn't think you could apply until you had these results?
  • Dee
    It's definitely 52 weeks experience since you became a member. I became a student member in November 2004 and the work experience I submitted prior to that time was not included.
    I completed the auditing in May and cash management skills tests and BTC last December but am now a full member even though I am still waiting for the PTC result.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I see - you are entitled to the full membership because you have completed the minimum requirement of options i.e.2, just doing the others for fun I guess???
  • Dee
    I wouldn't say 'fun'!! Just a stepping stone. I studied PTC and BTC on my own to see if I could do it because I will have to study ACCA as homestudy. (I can't get day-release from work). I'm also hoping it will also give me a bit of head-start to the ACCA papers on Tax and Auditing.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I didn't do auditing at AAT but I definitely felt that the two tax papers made the ACCA paper a lot easier. I'm sure you will have no problems with home study.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Congrates Dee :thumbup:

Hopefully couple years time be where you are now :001_smile:
Privacy Policy