Expecting the worse

MrUniverse
MrUniverse Registered Posts: 10 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
:001_smile::001_smile:Now then!!

Ive been a member for 1 year and just today registered for the forum.

Could anyone out there tell me what it takes to fail the foundation exam. Now, i dont beleive i did aswell as i expected to have done. Firstly i could not get my trial balance to balance, although i did specify an entry in the suspense for the difference.

I see myself as an intelligent and knowledgable person inre gards to accounts, but i guess im really just expecting the worse....a big.fat.fail!!

according to last years records...only 1 person failed the foundation exam at the college i have been attending.

Another thing, a colleague has made me aware that if a fail does happen you can resit next year whilst still studying intermediate...is this correct!

All help is very much appreciated!

Cheers! :001_smile:

Comments

• MOHMEDSALIM PATEL
    MOHMEDSALIM PATEL Registered Posts: 184 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Still to early

I believe you should not think about the word Fail.Hope for the best.
  • phunkyphantom22
    phunkyphantom22 Registered Posts: 166 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Has been a few years since I did my PLB foundation exam but I'm sure my TB didn't balance and I used a suspense account and I passed first time, so really don't worry about it - I'm sure you'll be fine and even if the worse did happen, 'tis not the end of the world and you can re-sit. :001_smile:
  • lessci
    lessci Registered Posts: 180 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I'm waiting on results for my Intermidiate, but I know someone in my class last year didn't balance the trial balance and didn't even enter a suspense account and still passed, it all dependes on how well you completed the rest of the paper.
  • ambitious
    ambitious Banned User Posts: 93 Regular contributor โญ
    If you showed your workings then you have nothing to worry about. Showing you can prepare the balances is probably more important than getting the TB to balance.
  • sgtwindows007
    sgtwindows007 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    i wouldnt worry about it. My trial balance didnt balance and i forgot to enter a suspence account in and i still passed. As long as you did everything else right you should be fine. My teacher said before as long as enter a suspence account you wont be penalised. overall dont worry.
  • jorja1986
    jorja1986 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    IF you did fail then yes you can resit the Foundation year while studying towards the intermediate and take all exams required in December.

I am sure that my TB didnt balance but I showed all my workings and I passed. Although I have sat many exams and seen many TBs since that day!
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Someone I know never got a trial balance/ balance sheet to balance and he passed all the financial accounting units at all levels! You have shown that you knwo what to do if you don't have a balance by utilising a suspense account - I would think any examiner/marker would give you credit for that!
  • MrUniverse
    Thanks for all your help....i feel much more reassured after reading you posts!
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hey don't worry about.

As I understand it, you can start your AAT qualification at Intermediate level anyway so if the worst happens and you fail (and believe me if this was the only thing you got wrong you WILL NOT fail) I would not bother retaking it. You will have to do unit 31 though, if you haven't already.

I have just done my last Diploma level exam so I am kind of used to knowing how it feels when you think you have failed and believe me when I say that I sat through one exam crying because I just couldn't do it (my MAC paper) and I still passed.

:thumbup:

Speegs
  • TankGirl1972
    TankGirl1972 Registered Posts: 9 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    :001_smile::001_smile:Now then!!

Ive been a member for 1 year and just today registered for the forum.

Could anyone out there tell me what it takes to fail the foundation exam. Now, i dont beleive i did aswell as i expected to have done. Firstly i could not get my trial balance to balance, although i did specify an entry in the suspense for the difference.

I see myself as an intelligent and knowledgable person inre gards to accounts, but i guess im really just expecting the worse....a big.fat.fail!!

according to last years records...only 1 person failed the foundation exam at the college i have been attending.

Another thing, a colleague has made me aware that if a fail does happen you can resit next year whilst still studying intermediate...is this correct!

All help is very much appreciated!

Cheers! :001_smile:

Just to let you know, my trial balance didn't balance (I know it was to do with the VAT account, grrr!) but i just got my PASS! You'll be fine. I know for a fact a few other things i got wrong too. Good luck x
  • lauraet
    lauraet Registered Posts: 23 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Just to reassure you more.....

If you put a suspense account in you should be fine. They apparantley mark the papers figure by figure, not just a whole mark for a balanced TB so dont worry, you'll be fine!!! My technician level Balance Sheet didnt balance and I passed and I stressed out for three months waiting for the result!!!
  • TankGirl1972
    TankGirl1972 Registered Posts: 9 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Just to reassure you more.....

If you put a suspense account in you should be fine. They apparantley mark the papers figure by figure, not just a whole mark for a balanced TB so dont worry, you'll be fine!!! My technician level Balance Sheet didnt balance and I passed and I stressed out for three months waiting for the result!!!

I didn't put a suspense account for it though. I knew it didn't balance coz i messed up on the VAT account so annoyed I just left it... and still passed! lol
  • MrUniverse
    Hey,

Just received my results today.....i passed!

opening the post was probably without doubt one of the most nerve racking things ive done.

Congratualtions to anyone else who passed!

Cheers
  • lauraet
    lauraet Registered Posts: 23 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Thats excellent news, Congratulations!!! Makes all the hard work worth it doesnt it!!! :thumbup:
  • cat
    cat Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    well done i didnt get mine to balance either and im sure i had a few more mistakes was so sure i was going to fail but iv PASSEDDDDDDDD:laugh::laugh::laugh:
  • MrUniverse
    Sure does!! Bring on INTERMEDIATE BABY!!
Privacy Policy