Kaplan/Business Management Degree

mandy_s
mandy_s Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
Hiya!

I recently spotted the feature on the AAT website about the online degrees via Kaplan and wondered if anyone knew much about it or would recommend it?

I have just finished my technician year and really hoping my results are good! If I have passed then I think the next step for me is to do a degree as that has always been my ultimate goal. Doing a full time degree really isn't an option for me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! x:001_smile:

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Mandy

There was also mentioned in the mag about a foundation degree i wonder if thats the same one?

Its part time but half the time as a normal degree i wonder if thats the same one? because i was also intrested in to looking at that when i finish - only moving to second year at the mo but planning ahead.
  • mandy_s
    mandy_s Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Hi

Yes thats right, you can start with an foundation degree and then top it up to a ba (hons). I think the flexibility of it sounds awesome.

You are right to think ahead!

M
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hello Every Body:thumbup:

I was about to post the same question regarding kaplan buisness and mangement degree Ba (hons) i have also finished my technician level and waiting for the result in aug but up to my knowledge i think we get some exemptions from the 1st year and will directly enter in the second year
    And if i am wrong then how it will going to be ? Do we still need any top up degree before entering in the Ba (hons) i dont think so!!!!!!:confused1:
    Can any one please give a more detailed guidance regarding this like
    how long that degree will going to be ? do we get any expemtions after aat for this ? wat will going to be the fee structure ? and at last but not least Is it worth it to do that from a college rather then doing it from any university because at the end of the day its all about getting handsome salary in the market:001_rolleyes:

any guidance will be highly appreciated :thumbup:

UMer @li
  • ambitious
    ambitious Banned User Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
    A-Vic wrote: »
    Hi Mandy

There was also mentioned in the mag about a foundation degree i wonder if thats the same one?

Its part time but half the time as a normal degree i wonder if thats the same one? because i was also intrested in to looking at that when i finish - only moving to second year at the mo but planning ahead.

A-Vic would you rather not do ACCA or CIMA straight after ? AAT qualifies you for one years exemption from both qualifications and you can do it as part of your job.
  • aatfree
    aatfree Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor ⭐
    Yes and if you do ACCA you can pay £50 and get a degree from Oxford Brookes as well once you've qualified.
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
    AATfree,

I don't think it's simply a matter of paying £50 to get degree from Oxford Brookes, there is a lot more to it than that!

And its gone up, try this link for more info

http://www.kaplanfinancial.co.uk/portals/0/documents/OB_Information_pack_national_2008.pdf

THis one will give more detail on online foundation degrees

http://www.kaplanopenlearning.org.uk/pr-online-foundation-degree-launch.html
  • aatfree
    aatfree Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor ⭐
    Sorry I should have mentioned you have to opt in when you join acca and you have to do a project at the end and there is a time limit. However I've not looked into it that much -
    http://www.accaglobal.com/students/study_exams/qualifications/degree/
    I was just pointing out there are alternatives to doing the foundation degree. You might want to check out the reputation of the University of Essex. If it's anything like DMU (for certain subjects) you may be better off going elsewhere.
  • Owainap
    Owainap Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    Oxford Brookes Degree

I think it's a total of 7,500 word research & analysis report for a BSc (Hons), and the class of degree (First, 2:1, etc.) is based on this report and your results in F4-F9 exams.

Probably the easiest degree you will ever get (if you're doing ACCA anyway) and the letters that will stay after your name for ever, not just as long as you remain a member.
  • Christine Clynes
    Christine Clynes Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Kaplan Foundation Degrees

I have read with interest your questions about degree options post AAT. I am the Operations Director at Kaplan Open Learning and would like to answer some of the questions asked. Kaplan deliver online Foundation Degrees in Business validated by the University of Essex. We use an online learning platform where you find everything you need for your studies - reading materials, discussion boards, online seminars, dropbox for electronic submission of your assignments, grades etc. We also send you a book at the beginning of each module - free of charge.

Our degrees are validated by the The University of Essex, one of the UK's leading universities - check them out on www.essex.ac.uk

Foundation Degrees were established in 2001 and provide a means of integrating study and work-based learning. They offer a higher education qualification (FdA) equivalent to the first two years of an Honours Degree. On completion, you can choose to continue your studies to achieve an Honours Degree, also delivered by Kaplan online and validated by the University of Essex. Check out Foundation Degrees on www.fdf.ac.uk

We offer AAT qualified students exemptions from 6 out of 16 modules of the Foundation Degree. If you are also a British or EU citizen living in the UK, the full course fee for the Foundation Degree is currently £1,400. You can also spread your costs by paying by module and there may also be non-repayable grants available if you household income is less than £30,000.

Have a look on our website www.kaplanopenlearning.org.uk or simply call us on Freephone 08000 527 526 (08000 KAPLAN) or email enquiries@kaplanopenlearning.org.uk. We would be delighted to hear from you, send you a copy of our prospectus or invite you to one of our online seminars (held in the evenings) to demonstrate our learning platform.

If you wish to speak to me direct, my number is 0113 388 88 70. I look forward to hearing from you.
  • sharon
    sharon Registered Posts: 161 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I have read with interest your questions about degree options post AAT. I am the Operations Director at Kaplan Open Learning and would like to answer some of the questions asked. Kaplan deliver online Foundation Degrees in Business validated by the University of Essex. We use an online learning platform where you find everything you need for your studies - reading materials, discussion boards, online seminars, dropbox for electronic submission of your assignments, grades etc. We also send you a book at the beginning of each module - free of charge.

Our degrees are validated by the The University of Essex, one of the UK's leading universities - check them out on www.essex.ac.uk

Foundation Degrees were established in 2001 and provide a means of integrating study and work-based learning. They offer a higher education qualification (FdA) equivalent to the first two years of an Honours Degree. On completion, you can choose to continue your studies to achieve an Honours Degree, also delivered by Kaplan online and validated by the University of Essex. Check out Foundation Degrees on www.fdf.ac.uk

We offer AAT qualified students exemptions from 6 out of 16 modules of the Foundation Degree. If you are also a British or EU citizen living in the UK, the full course fee for the Foundation Degree is currently £1,400. You can also spread your costs by paying by module and there may also be non-repayable grants available if you household income is less than £30,000.

Have a look on our website www.kaplanopenlearning.org.uk or simply call us on Freephone 08000 527 526 (08000 KAPLAN) or email enquiries@kaplanopenlearning.org.uk. We would be delighted to hear from you, send you a copy of our prospectus or invite you to one of our online seminars (held in the evenings) to demonstrate our learning platform.

If you wish to speak to me direct, my number is 0113 388 88 70. I look forward to hearing from you.

Christine...I just spoke to you on the phone...One more question How many modules will we have to do altogether to get the Ba hons. I thought it was 10. But is 10 only for the foundation degree?
  • sharon
    Christine...I just spoke to you on the phone...One more question How many modules will we have to do altogether to get the Ba hons. I thought it was 10. But is it 10 only for the foundation degree? and then we do BA Hons on top?
  • Christine Clynes

If you are AAT qualified, you will need to complete 10 Foundation Degree modules plus another 8 modules if you wish to top up to a BA (Hons) in Business Management.
  • sharon
    And is 3 the max modules you can do each sitting (i.e. each 12 weeks)?

Many thanks in advance
  • Christine Clynes

You need to allow between 8 and 10 hours of study time per week per module. Therefore, the most our students usually chose is two modules at any one time, although they sometimes run the work based learning double module (project) alongside the taught modules.
Privacy Policy