Coast of Technician level

mahdi87
mahdi87 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor 🦉
hi guys can any 1 tell me how comes we are asked to pay like £1000 or maybe more for the technician level thats crazy this is univercity GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!
from hackney college

Comments

• Jentel
    Jentel Registered Posts: 60 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi - try ringing Barking college. I rang them and you can pay for the units as you go, you don't have to pay for the whole course up front. In the long run it did work out a little bit more expensive as you have to add all the other fees on top.

See if you college can do instalments -

but as you say £1000 is crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi Mahdi

Here is a cost saving idea. Any technician skills test units will need to be done through a college in order to get them marked. However, to save the pennies you could try self teaching yourself for the examined units. That way you only have to pay for your books and the exam.

It's worth a try.

Speegs
  • George Tse
    George Tse Registered Posts: 241 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    i fink over £1000 is not a problem for the technician level well if the teachers r good n the study materials are well presented

does any one study technician at kaplan or are planning to cos their fees are well over £1000 but its worth it !
  • Jacalina
    Jacalina Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Cost Of Technician Level

I've just enrolled at my local college for the AAT Diploma Level (or AAT Technician Level to people doing that route) and my fees for the year were £480.00. That doesn't include any exams or AAT membership fees but I think that's pretty good. I did have people at work telling me it was going to be over £700.00 for the fees alone so I was pleasantly surprised.
  • Chris023
    Chris023 Registered Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
    I have just paid £915 for the Technican course, that includes exam fees but not AAT membership fees

eeek, going to be broke for a little while, it will be worth it in the end though
  • mahdi87
    mahdi87 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Jacalina wrote: »
    I've just enrolled at my local college for the AAT Diploma Level (or AAT Technician Level to people doing that route) and my fees for the year were £480.00. That doesn't include any exams or AAT membership fees but I think that's pretty good. I did have people at work telling me it was going to be over £700.00 for the fees alone so I was pleasantly surprised.

hi jacalina
    is your college anywhere in london cos that seems quiet cheap for level 4 i dnt mined payin that sum , let me know plz thank you
  • Jacalina
    Jacalina Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Hi,

I'm afraid my college is in the North East (Newcastle). I'm surprised how little our fees are after reading on here what other people are paying. Our tutor is excellent as well so it's not like we aren't getting good lessons as a result.
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    At my college (Burton), you can arrange to pay course fees over 6 months by direct debit. You still have to pay AAT membership and for books, though.
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    My college charges £785 for DFS/PEV/PCR and then a further £265 for Cash Management/Audit Control and the Project.

We study the units for the exams from Sep-June then the following Sep-Dec the remaining topics are covered with skills tests - however I have just been informed that we may be offered the taxation routes between Sep-Dec next year.

It's very expensive, but hopefully well worth it in the end when we can get well paid jobs!
  • lizrochford
    lizrochford Registered Posts: 58 Regular contributor ⭐
    I am enrolled at Barking College and yes they do let you pay as you go but its £175 a unit, so your looking at £1050 and thats before books and I'm not sure the fee includes the exam fees as these were listed separate.:001_unsure:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Fee's

At the moment am doing advanced certificate and the fee's before books exam ect (which in total must be around 200+) is 750 which is very expensive i live in the northwest and am now dreading what the fee's will reach upto for next year.

Funny thing i find is i was reading the aat and to do the foundation degree is going to cost around 1600 for the whole thing? now comparing levels that seems very cheep:confused1:
  • Hilmara Crawshaw
    Hilmara Crawshaw Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Uau guys, you're all paying a lot of money. I live in the northwest as well. My college is charging £574 with exams! The only extra is the membership fee. I can't complain.:001_smile:
Privacy Policy