Mac Unit 33 Discussion Forums For Dec 2008 Sitting

umerali2003
umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hello every body i am starting this new thread for the students who are sitting Mac Unit 33 in dec . The main purpose of this thread is to discuss the syllabus and approach towards the dec sitting . we all will discuss the key points involved in this unit and will try 2 help each other .All those students who are sitting Mac unit 33 in dec are requested 2 participate in this thread so we can share our thoughts ang gain the maximum knowledge and most importantly pass the exam in dec

Umer Ali

Comments

• jilbo
    jilbo Registered Posts: 197 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi there, I am due to start studying MAC shortly and hope to sit it in Dec 08. Have some other bits to finish off first but will be back to this thread to let you know how I'm getting on, or not :001_unsure:
  • umerali2003
    oh dats cool hope 2 hear from u soon
  • umerali2003
    Hello every body sitting Mac in Dec 2008

i have looked in performance indiactor chapter today in june 2008 sitting i thought it was the easiest of all the questions but i was wrong . Learning the formulaes by heart is not enough 2 score marks in this question i think we have 2 know what is the reason behind each ratio and what difference its making 2 the business .Remember that its a key question in section 2 so i am planning 2 attempt this question 1st in dec 2008 sitting
  • Caz1
    Caz1 Registered Posts: 44 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi everyone
    I'm sitting this in December too - haven't started studying yet but intending on doing in the next couple of weeks... first Technician level exam! Scary stuff! :001_unsure:
  • BNS1981
    BNS1981 Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    I will be sitting this paper in December although dont start learning the syllabus for another 2 weeks but once its up and running i am happy to contribute to this
  • umerali2003
    hello every body i have gone through the performance indicator and will be starting variance tomorrow . it was a very good topic to start with as we all know there is 1 major question in section 2 on performane indicator so i am planning to do this question 1st in the paper becuase if we know all the logic and reason for each and every ratio its quite easy to attempt the question in the first 20-30 Mintues OF the paper

any suggesion or help regarding unit 33 will be highly appreciated

UmER aLi
  • aatfree
    aatfree Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor ⭐
    My tutor said the main thing with MAC was that because it was so time pressured you should practice, practice & practice. So that the method of answering the questions becomes second nature to you. Even if you get the answer wrong you'll pick up method marks - and there are always more of those. He always said that the books were only good as doorstops but he actually told us that for MAC we should go through all the questions in the back of the book a minimum of three times. :ohmy:

Good Luck.
  • umerali2003
    i am agreed with your tutor but not 100 % yes practice is very good before any exam but let me tell u 1 thing From my june08 sitting i learned 1 big lesson that is not to relie too much on the past exam paper literally there is not even a single question which i have not done before going to june 08 but i still ended up on the unsucessfull side the main reason was i was expecting the same type of scenario and ignoring the main mechanism of the topic and when they throwed some thing little logical i struggled because i was expecting some thing simillar to the last 4 papers . so its better if you make a good grip on the topic 1st and then go for the practice

UmER aLi
  • aatfree
    aatfree Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor ⭐
    I didn't think that the two were mutually exclusive.
  • umerali2003
    well it was just an individual opinion from me based on my june08 sitting !!!!!! the strategy to prepare for an exam varies from person to person so its up to you how you approach it
  • umerali2003
    Hello every body

I have done some question on the budegting yesterday from bpp Revesion Kit and i was very pleased to see some wonder full questions on budgeting all with different scenarios and very good for the preperation They are round about 16 questions and i am planning 2 go through them atleast 2 times before going into the exam any body else using that revision kit ??
  • umerali2003
    Hello EveryBody

Finally the aat forums are back to normal !!!!!!!! any ways how is every one going with unit 33 ???
  • jilbo
    jilbo Registered Posts: 197 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi there,

Have just sent in my first assingment for marking, Stewart Chemicals. If anyone else has completed this assignment and has the answers I'd be really greatful to receive them as I'm sure I've got part of it wrong. My email address is jilbo@madasafish.com. Many thanks in advance.
  • PCJustice
    PCJustice Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Hi. Just started unit 33 Ch 1-4 with Prem. Training. Doing homestudy. Am struggling a little bit- any easier way of doing this?
  • umerali2003
    topic u r struggling at ???
  • PCJustice
    PCJustice Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Variances-just not sticking as fast as I think it should.Maybe practice is needed.
  • umerali2003
    well variance is very important topic and there is always one question in the paper but there is one good thing in it that at least u can match your answer at the end
  • umerali2003
    Hello EveryBody

i hope so every thing is going according to the plan for unit 33 just a quick reminder we just got 1 month and 21 days left in exam time is going fast any ways i hope so u all r well prepared

Umer Ali
  • S11AHS
    S11AHS Registered Posts: 38 Regular contributor ⭐
    hello umer

thanks for startin this post
    im also studying MAC as well as DFS and im struggling with both
    ive seen in the past that ive hardly understood alot of topics in class but when it cums 2 revision classes and practising past papers i becum expert in the topic

as u sed every1's case is different.

im really strugglin with MSP project as i dont hav a clue where to start from
    im not workin at the moment so only can do the case study
    ive had a look at the case study and ive lost my brain

i came into accounting because of number crunch but when i see narratives i just get lost

is any1 out there who could best advice on how to tackle the MSP
  • umerali2003
    Hello Every Body Hope So Every Body Is Fine And Going Well With The Course Well I Am Nearly Finished With Mac And I Have Started The Practice Exams These Days Only 1 Month And 11 Days Are Left In Mac Exam So Hope So U All Have A Good Grip On This Unit And Best Of Luck With It I Was Out Of The Forums For Few Days Bcoz Of Some Personal Commitments But Now I Will Post Regularly Hope 2 Hear From U Guys Soon Tc And Remember Fortune Favours The Prepared
  • princess246
    princess246 Registered Posts: 49 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hello

MAC exam 2008 question 1.1 e labour hours cost budget. why is August cost for labour hours £490,000 when the available hours is only 36750 x £10 = £367500?

Is this an error?
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hello

MAC exam 2008 question 1.1 e labour hours cost budget. why is August cost for labour hours £490,000 when the available hours is only 36750 x £10 = £367500?

Is this an error?

If I remember correctly, it is because the workers are on paid leave, therefore, you still pay the full monthly pay.

However, I think there are mistakes on the answer paper for question 1.3.
  • princess246
    princess246 Registered Posts: 49 Regular contributor ⭐
    Sorry just re-read the question even though the staff are on holiday is still paid!
  • umerali2003
    Hello Every Body Just A Week 2 Go In Mac Unit 33 Exam I Hope So Every Body Is Prepared Well.... Last Time They Gave A Service Sector Instead Of A Industrial Budget And I Dont Think So This Time Around They Will Bring The Service Sector Again .... Though I Have Looked Last Year Paper As Well But I Am Expecting A Industrial Budget This Time Around .. All I Am Worried Is About Task 1.3 And 1.4 And Task 2.3 Because It Keeps On Changing And Every Time A New Thing Comes Up
  • carrieclarke2001
    carrieclarke2001 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    service sector or not ?

umerali2003
    Hi What makes you think it will not be a service sector again ?
    I thought it would be as they want to move forward to this in the future.
    Well thats what our tutor told us after a meeting with the examiner
    Dont they write the June and December paper at the same time ?
  • umerali2003
    yes they write the paper 1 year before but our tutor said that they wont test the same thing one after another because AAT knows that the most of the students learn the answers by heart ... so they will probaby not set the service sector again ... but if u observe there is not a lot of difference between service sector and industrial sector the main principles are almost same ... i am not asking u to completely ignore service sector but there is most likely a chance that this time it will going 2 be a industrial sector rather then a service one.. any ways its my own prediction
  • MrPolea
    MrPolea Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Every1, how is the studying going, im sitting the MAC exam 2moro and gettin quite nervous, i really cant afford to fail this!!! is it best practice to learn all possible ratio's as im a distance learner so a bit on my own on this one!! I think i have the variances rememberd but im struggling with the ratios, they dont seem to sink in!! fixed asset turnover is bugging me at the moment!!! any tips would be much appreciated!

Thanks
  • umerali2003
    fixed asset turn over

sales
    net book value of fixed asset
    for every £1 invested we have 2 see how much sales revenue is bene earned

i hope so this will help
Privacy Policy