Full membership

pinksponk
pinksponk Registered Posts: 57 Regular contributor ⭐
Has anyone applied for full membership yet after their recent results? If so how long did it take you to get confirmation ??

Comments

• joyride
    joyride Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    I'm interested in knowing about this and the cost.
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    I applied last Tuesday when I got my results. I paid £25 and the AAT said it would take about 4 weeks for me to be elected for membership.

Speegs
  • aer87
    aer87 Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
    full membership

can sum1 help me please?

i am going to apply for full membership, which is about £30
    but do i still need 2 pay subscriptions/member fee's, the usual £90 or something silly?
  • speegs
    Hi aer87

When I applied for membership I paid £25 and the AAT told me that because I paid my student membership at the end of July 08 there would be no other charges for the year.

We shall see though. Whenever I contact them I get told something different.

Speegs
  • aer87
    aer87 Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
    thanks

hey speegs

thanks for ur swift reply
    i didnt pay the subscription in july, so guess i should pay both, haha
    so when we full members, do we have to pay that subsrciption fee every year still?
  • lorraine
    lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I have just applied for full membership I paid a total of £94.00. £69 for annual subscription and £25 for the full membership admin charge.

I feel quite excited cant wait to put letters after my name.

Lor
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Maybe a silly question but what difference does being a full memeber make, other than being able to put the letters after my name?

Not sure how often I'll be doing that.
  • speegs
    Hi Again

Because I paid £69 in August 08 I only had £25 for my full membership. I took less than a week an a half for my full membership to be approved and I can now use the letters MAAT after my name. Every year you have to pay your full member fees. On top of this, if you are a member in practice you will also have to pay an MIP fee ( I paid £35) this week and I hope My application to become an MIP is approved. Also I will have to pay a £15 money laundering fee.

As well as being able to put MAAT after my name, I also now have access to the AATs "CPD Interactive" website. THis is a free service with loads of cool CPD stuff. It actually makes CPD fun and easy to do.

I love being a full member and it's not even been a week yet. :lol:

Speegs
  • kel524uk
    kel524uk Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    whats the money laundering fee???
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I dont think theres a fee, I think it's included in the MiP fee. At least I didn't see any indication that I had to pay extra when I applied!
Privacy Policy