?? Salary Expectations

Pixie
Pixie Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
Can anyone advise me - I am applying for a full-time position (37.5hrs/wk) performing admin and basic invoice and payment processing, and need to put what salary I would expect?

What sort of wage could I expect with just my AAT Foundation Level qualification achieved so far?

Comments

• Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Where abouts is the job?
  • Pixie
    Yorkshire - sorry I should have mentioned that!

With not having worked in the industry yet, I am unsure of salaries that can be realistically be expected for the different levels of AAT qualifications.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Around £15k, I'd say at a rough guess, assuming a little experience.
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    In Yorkshire you can expect anything from £12k onwards, especially S.Yorks. Qualified AAT with practice experience struggle to get more than £16-18k
  • Pixie
    Many thanks for all your advice - I was thinking £12-13k - so I wasn't too far out.
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
    I get 18 and I'm only part way qualified in Leeds.
  • agatha
    agatha Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    Accounts Assistant in London (City) -£22,000
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    agatha wrote: »
    Accounts Assistant in London (City) -£22,000

Housing... £24,000:lol:
    I know it's cruel but I couldn't resist it. My son used to live in Stoke Newington and a basement flat was in excess of £12k pa!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Sorry but to start with you will have to expect less than even that - if your expecting your studies to be funded also you may even been looking as little as minimum wage
  • Pixie
    Thanks for all of your advice - I was offered £13k for the job! So you guys were pretty spot on.

As it turned out I declined the job at the 2nd interview though, cause after working out Full Time Childcare costs, petrol, tax etc. would have been working for nothing still. Have chance of a part-time book-keeping job instead.
  • Buff
    Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Pixie wrote: »
    Can anyone advise me - I am applying for a full-time position (37.5hrs/wk) performing admin and basic invoice and payment processing, and need to put what salary I would expect?

What sort of wage could I expect with just my AAT Foundation Level qualification achieved so far?

Thats sounds like my basic role which I was offered the job on at £19k in Manchester.
    Fortunately, they also found use for my IT knowledge and alongside more responsibility in the shape of laundering new clients and implementing changes in our financial systems, they reward me with a further £6k+

Happy Days
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    lucky if you get about 12 k
Privacy Policy