Pass rate for June 2008

speegs
speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Hi

Does anyone know what the pass rates were for the June 2008 sitting yet?

I am always curious to know.

Speegs

Comments

• SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Thanks Sandy

This makes interesting reading. I am surprised that the PTC pass rate has actually improved when so many students were complaining it was one of the hardest papers they had ever seen for PTC.

Personally, I found it simple and straight forward.

Thanks again.

Speegs
  • Poppy
    Poppy Registered Posts: 105 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Not sure that your last comment is necessary or that helpful, think those of us that have failed an exam (myself PEV and DFS) wont take kindly to smug comments.

How about a little sympathy :001_tongue:
  • X5wrangler
    X5wrangler Registered Posts: 170 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    It was a "personal" comment made by speegs. I believe if she found it simple and striaght forward then she is entitled to say so. I didn't see it as a smug comment at all. It was also an exam that you didn't take....
  • Baggybooks
    Baggybooks Registered Posts: 522 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Sorry Poppy, but I don't read 'smug' into that either.

Speegs has worked hard and passed.

It seems obvious that there are more people posting about failing than succeeding, which is probably why Speegs made that comment.

Well done to all who passed, and good luck to those facing re-sits.
  • Petal
    Petal Registered Posts: 11 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I agree, I don't think that Speegs comment was perfectly fine.
    I also agree that the exam was straight forward and was what was expected.

While I sympathise with anyone who has not passed I also believe that those who passed should be able to comment and celebrate without anyone 'having a go' or seeming bitter. We worked hard for those (4 in my case, PEV, PCR, BT and PT) passes.
  • Poppy
    As my mother would say if you don't have something constructive to say don't say anything at all......

By the way I am happy that speegs passed but I have friends that are heartbroken to have failed it, who spent a long time preparing for this exam. To find questions on redundancy that we weren't taught and weren't in the book. So easy, straight forward I don't think so ......
  • SandyHood
    Poppy
    You have my sympathy.
    To avoid similar problems, may I suggest that your December preparations use what you can to try to help you pass, but you make sure that you have covered all the standards as stated in the student record.
    Just beware over reliance on what you are taught or what your books say.

Best wishes
    Sandy

Pages 34 - 36 of
    http://www.aat.org.uk/servlet/file/Technician_Student_Record.pdf?ITEM_ENT_ID=69684&COLLSPEC_ENT_ID=34
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • Poppy
    Thanks Sandy, my friend had failed PTC in December but I'd luckily passed (glad as it seems to be getting harder) but she has now failed her resit in June (our work only pays for two attempts so she will have to fund this herself if she has enough confidence to try again). I have suggested she should appeal as it's not something we were taught in our classes, she had also attended extra revision lessons our college had put on but had no idea how to deal with redundancy. She only failed section 1 and thinks not having been taught this meant she had to guess at an answer.

As always your opinion appreciated :001_smile:
  • SandyHood
    Poppy
    I run a lot of revision days, and noticed a problem before the June 2008 exams that I hadn't come across before.
    In the PCR session, a significant section of the class had been taught the wrong way to take account of wastage of raw materials.
    As you can imagine, having learnt one way, they weren't keen to take my word for it that their way was wrong.

Perhaps the recession will mean that there will be a larger pool of lecturers and fewer mistakes.

Rather than rely on your lecturer, I recommend you focus on the standards.

Sandy
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Poppy wrote: ยป
    To find questions on redundancy that we weren't taught and weren't in the book. So easy, straight forward I don't think so ......

I think it would be hard to fail just on redundancy, it was only a tiny part of section 1.
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    agreed ! with the person above me i passed section 1 though i messed up redudency big time !!!!!! i failed in section 2 bcoz i messed up ppr exemption ...
    i know wat my mistakes are i am working on them and hoping for a good result in dec GOOD lUCK eVERY BoDY IN DEC
  • catseyes
    catseyes Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hi,
    I can't open the link to june 2008 pass rates, does anybody know where to find them?
    Thanks.
  • aatfree
    aatfree Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor โญ
    I know they were updating the site, so the link may have changed.

ETA: The main site seems to be still down, so have a go later this evening or tomorrow. It might be up then.
  • fruitcake
    fruitcake Registered Posts: 17 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    hi ya

i have just spoken to my tutor to enquire about appealing against the decision made on my PEV paper, (i failed section 2)... and she agrees that i should appeal and was surprised that i had failed... the nation pass rate for PEV was only around 52%...
  • rebeccas
    rebeccas Registered Posts: 25 Regular contributor โญ
    Does anyone know what the new link is? The one above doesnt work!

I've tried searching for it but it comes up with everything BUT what I am looking for!!

Cheers :)
  • rebeccas
    rebeccas Registered Posts: 25 Regular contributor โญ
    Does anyone know what the new link is? The one above doesnt work!

I've tried searching for it but it comes up with everything BUT what I am looking for!!

Cheers :)

*Bump!*

Does anyone know what the link is for the pass rates? The link still isnt working :(

Cheers :thumbup:
Privacy Policy