Not confident

Options
A-Vic
A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Hi all just started advanced certificate after completing foundation level last year.

The problem i have is it seems ive totally forgotten everything i did last year - i know i did pass so i must have done something right, its just when we did our first class last week and it was a round up of all we did last year, i really struggled.

Has anyone else found this? is this normal? any tips?

Thanks

Vic

Comments

• speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi A-Vic,

I would say this you are completely normal.

After every exam I took for AAT I would always forget what I had learned within about a week, so don't worry about it too much.

What tends to happen is when you start your next course any information from ground that is revisited soon comes flooding back to you and you suddenly realise you had not forgotten what you had learnt.

I hope this helps.

If you need any re-assurance or help with your studies remember that there are many people on these forums who are more than happy to help if they can (including me).

Best of luck with your studies.

Speegs
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Hey Speegs

Thanks for the comments i know your right just think its mainly a confidence thing, just got to read up on my notes from last year and hopefully stuff will come back. Plus maybe have a go on past papers see if that helps :001_smile:

will deffo take you up on the offer of advise over the next year.

Thanks again

Vic
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    No problem. Look forward to hearing from you.

Speegs
  • K£LLY
    K£LLY Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    what to expect

Hi,

It might sound a little daft, but I dont really know where to start for this year.

I passed foundation, and was feeling quietly confident, yet I have my books, and am due to start tonight, but just feel like Im missing my starting point!

We're using the osbourne books again, can someone tell me, do we just work through the chapters from start to finish for both books as I did in foundation? or am I going to be all over the place with them?

I need to get my finger out, as two weeks holidays in November was planned before the thought of way harder studies this year!
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Firstly no need to panic all you will be covering tonight is revision of last year like we did - all you have to do i look in to your t-accounts trial balance ect

Good Luck

Vic

P.S - lol not very good lisening to my own advice lol
  • sazzle01
    sazzle01 Registered Posts: 25 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum's and yes had my first lesson on tuesday doing
    Kaplan part time in the evenings but was going to try do the fast track course which means i sit FRA and ECR in december but i have forgotten everything from last year, I have the hours of study to put in so just hope i
    don't ruin it by rushing!:001:confused1::confused1:
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    K£LLY wrote: »
    Hi,

We're using the osbourne books again, can someone tell me, do we just work through the chapters from start to finish for both books as I did in foundation? or am I going to be all over the place with them?

!

I am using these books too.. have read through the FRA one and am now doing the Branson and Co simulation. After my FRA skills test at the beginning of October I will start on the ECR book.

I have found this year a lot harder.. it is slowly clicking into place though!:thumbup1:
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Just ordered unit 5 work book and tution books by osborne i found these pretty good last year ( apart from a few errors) but they got me through. I will say tho the on-line tutition avilable on here is great its helped me remeber a lot heres the link:-

http://www.aat.org.uk/elearning/introduction_to_debk/
Privacy Policy