Newbie needing advice

feldon
feldon Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
Hi all, I'm going to start the AAT Diploma route shortly, starting at level 3 advanced as I have previous qualifications and experience, however I have a few questions that maybe you can help me with. My main aim is to become a Member in Practice and set up on my own.

1. I am looking to do distance learning and i have been looking at Premier Training, does anyone have experiece of them, are they any good?

2. I understand that you require 1 years full-time experience, can this be back dated before I start the course, (i have over 10 years bookkeeping experience).

3. If I need experience can this be done on a self-employed basis?

4. How much study time per week would I realistically need to get good results, I am intending to do level 3 in June 2009, however I am considering the posibility of doing level 4 in Dec 2009 and to start doing this level starting in Jan and overlaping with level 3, (is that possible?).

Many thanks

Richard:001_smile:

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Richard

Experience can be from self employed work but has to be from commencement of AAT student membership.
  • feldon
    If they do allow self-employed, I assume that it will have to be monitored or signed off in some way, how would that work?
  • sebastianforbes
    sebastianforbes Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    may i recommend that you read this thread before considering your learning provider ?

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=19284
  • feldon
    Hi thanks for your reply I had aleady seen bad reviews concerning these companies, thats why i am considering Premier, although i am also now considering Eagle.

Regards

Richard
  • moosh
    moosh Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    Premier Training

I have just completed AAT diploma via homestudy by Premier Training.

All books, paperwork is excellent and easy to understand. I didn't really need any help from the tutors so can't say how good they are at answering specific queries or problems.

All skills tests were marked and returned in reasonable time and I passed all my simulations and exams first time round.

I would definately use them again, in fact, probably will for CIMA/ACCA

Hope this helps :001_smile:
Privacy Policy