Can I do AAT Intermediate?

tommy m
tommy m Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
Hi,

I completed my AAT foundation in 2003.

Unfortunatly, I never progressed on to Intermediate stage due to lots of reasons.

I currently work in an internal audit section and wondered if I would be accepted onto the intermediate course or would I have to start all over again, due to the time from completing foundation to starting intermediate.

Also, if it was possible to start intermediate, would i get an exemptions, especially with me working in audit for approximately 7 years.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• square-peg
    square-peg Registered Posts: 143 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Tommy,
    you would be fine to do Intermediate, as it can be started directly without completing Foundation stage if a person feels they have sufficient experience in accounts. I'm afraid you won't get any exemptions from Intermediate or Technician stage though, as both Intermediate and Technician stage have to be completed fully to attain full MAAT (member of AAT) status. Good luck with it - I was glad I continued where I'd left off after a break.
  • *Data Input* officer
    *Data Input* officer Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
    tommy m wrote: »
    Hi,

I completed my AAT foundation in 2003.

Unfortunatly, I never progressed on to Intermediate stage due to lots of reasons.

I currently work in an internal audit section and wondered if I would be accepted onto the intermediate course or would I have to start all over again, due to the time from completing foundation to starting intermediate.

Also, if it was possible to start intermediate, would i get an exemptions, especially with me working in audit for approximately 7 years.

Thanks in advance
    The advanced is a walk in the park, hence the interm. is a laugh. You will be fine. Only a few foolish candidates don't pass interm.
Privacy Policy