PI Cover

axl2derv
axl2derv Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi,

I am looking to get PI but don't know which company to go with or how much cover to have. I think £5m is a bit excessive since I will be working from home and dealing with clients with a t/o of less than £100k.

Please help.

Thanks

Carl

Comments

• sheelagh
    sheelagh Registered Posts: 133 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    PI Cover

Have a look at the AAT offering through Trafalgar, via the members in practice section on this website.
    The cost is reasonable, and you can be sure that it covers all of AAT's criteria.
    Also, in my opinion the people at Trafalgar are very helpful.
  • axl2derv
    Thanks for the advice.

Unfortunately I am not fully qualified yet so I wouldn't be able to get into the memberse section. I find it hard also, to find PI that doesn't ask if you are a member of a professional body.

Thanks

Carl
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    That's unfortunately one of the pitfalls of not being qualified - PII is expensive. You can get the AAT list of PII providers and hopefully one of those will cover you before you are MAAT.
    I wouldn't bother looking anywhere else - everywhere else I looked wanted silly money (£1000 HAHAHA - I pay £165 through RMK)
  • axl2derv
    I've managed to find a company finally. The company is called simply business.

http://www.simplybusiness.co.uk/home-gppc.html?ref_id=google&s_kwcid=simplybusiness|2397864758

They have quoted me £133 a year for £1m public liability and £250k PI. You don't have to be qualified either.

Thats pretty good I think.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Wow, that's a good find! What turnover does that cover you up to? I might have to store those details for next year!
  • axl2derv
    It was either £0-25k or £0-50k...I forget.
Privacy Policy