nus extra card???

te170381
te170381 Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
Can someone please help me.

I am trying to get an nus extra card through the aat but dont seem to be getting anywhere fast?

Can anyone please help me or point me in the right direction??

Comments

• MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    te170381 wrote: »
    Can someone please help me.

I am trying to get an nus extra card through the aat but dont seem to be getting anywhere fast?

Can anyone please help me or point me in the right direction??

What sort of problems are you having; if you are just starting out then try the website or your centre. I assume that you have done this so the only thing I can advise is ring NUS or send a letter/e-mail but best to send letter. I belive you can get one of these cards over the internet on their site for the normal fee of £10.

Hope this helps.

Martin
  • coocoocadgoo
    coocoocadgoo Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    Here's a link to the website - hope it helps

http://resource.nusonline.co.uk/media/resource/AAT.pdf
  • sebastianforbes
    sebastianforbes Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    hi there,

i also keep checking for the new form (2008/2009) to be released... it should be any time soon.

hopefully they'll be listing aat and acca for membership !!!
  • phunkyphantom22
    phunkyphantom22 Registered Posts: 166 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    The current 07/08 one expires on 30.09.08 so the form for the new one should be out any time soon.

As far as I'm aware, it is available to all AAT, ACCA and CIMA students.

It can take a while to come through because of the rush, but def worth getting! I've certainly got my card fees back over the past few years! :-)
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi

if you are studying at a Student Union affiliated college, you can apply for one online through the NUS Extra site without the AAT specific form. I did for the 3 years I was at my college. It's well worth having, I get my money back within a couple of months by going to the cinema and shopping through Amazon.
  • phunkyphantom22
    That's a good point - if you are studying with a NUS college, you can get an Extra card which gives you the most discounts as it's what they give to full time students.

If you are a home study student or are studying with BPP, Kaplan etc. you can only get an Associate card - this is meant to give you less discounts than an Extra card, however I have never had a problem when presenting it in a shop or at a ticket office etc.

The only difference I have noticed is the Amazon discount (which means there are probably other online discounts you may not be able to get), as you have to put in your NUS card number and it obviously only takes Extra cards and not Associate ones.
  • cal2122
    cal2122 Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    I'm also looking out for the new 2008/09 forms but cannot see it online yet. I've emailed them but have had no response yet and as I didn't get a card last year am anxious to get one for this year. Let's hope they get it done soon.
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Have just printed off my application form from the NUS Extra site. The form is available at

http://www.nus.org.uk/Documents/NUS%20Cards/Professional%20app.pdf
  • SalinaA
    SalinaA Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor ⭐
    Cool didnt even know about this hehe ;)

Have just completed my application :001_smile::001_smile::001_smile:
  • andrewtdk
    andrewtdk Registered Posts: 150 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I have just printed the professional applicants form from the link above but i was wondering if this is the right form or if it is last years because where you sign it says "i confirm that i wish to register as an NUS associate member" but on their website it says they have got rid of the associate status and everyone is now classed as NUS extra. Just wanted to make sure i filled out the right form, anyone else have any ideas or are people just going to use this form?
  • katsutlieff
    It states in the terms and conditions that the card is valid from 1 September 2008, so go for it!!
  • aatfree
    aatfree Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thanks.
  • SalinaA
    Phew I nearly thought I made a booboo then!!! I never read the small print - very bad!!!!!!
  • phunkyphantom22
    Ahh I didn't realise they had scrapped the associate card - excellent, even more discounts! :001_smile:
  • SalinaA
    Which can never ever be a bad thing really can it :thumbup1:
  • katsutlieff
    Has anyone who applied for the NUS extra card, heard anything back? I sent my application off a few weeks ago, the cheque hasn't been cashed and I haven't had an corresponce from them.
  • SalinaA
    I've had mine! Maybe your letter got lost in the mail or something?
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I keep meaning to get one, is it definitely worth it?
  • welshwizard
    Is it definitely worth it?

in one word, YES!

Money off cinemas, 5% discount at Amazon, free fries at Mcdonalds (if you really want them that is) money off pizzas at pizza hut, money off purchases at numerous high street chains, do I need ot go on? Superdrug 10% off any spend over £10, 10% off at JJB, deals at Ticketmaster, Matalan discounts, 10% off all bikes at Halford, Insurance deals with Endsleigh, up to 30% at Boots opticians.

how's that for a few reasons to join?

Plus you'll be part of a national union which strives for better conditions for thousands of students who struggle with day to day living because of University fees, etc. Look at their 3 Core values - Equality, Democracy and Collectivism.

Go on, join, my card only cost a tenner, I'll get that back in a few visits to the cinema with the kids. (I may even go to Pizza Hut on the way home too!)
  • andrewtdk
    Has anyone who applied got a card yet? i sent my application in a few weeks ago now but no reply, not sure if it just takes a while or if i have filled something in wrong on the form
  • SalinaA
    Maybe call them and see if they have it or something???
  • jackieshep
    jackieshep Registered Posts: 68 Regular contributor ⭐
    I haven't received mine yet either. Maybe they've been busy as it is the start of term for universities etc
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Is it definitely worth it?

in one word, YES!

Money off cinemas, 5% discount at Amazon, free fries at Mcdonalds (if you really want them that is) money off pizzas at pizza hut, money off purchases at numerous high street chains, do I need ot go on? Superdrug 10% off any spend over £10, 10% off at JJB, deals at Ticketmaster, Matalan discounts, 10% off all bikes at Halford, Insurance deals with Endsleigh, up to 30% at Boots opticians.

how's that for a few reasons to join?

Plus you'll be part of a national union which strives for better conditions for thousands of students who struggle with day to day living because of University fees, etc. Look at their 3 Core values - Equality, Democracy and Collectivism.

Go on, join, my card only cost a tenner, I'll get that back in a few visits to the cinema with the kids. (I may even go to Pizza Hut on the way home too!)

I think you've sold me! I shall buy a card soon, cheers!

Sounds like you can get the £10 fee back pretty quickly.
  • welshwizard
    My motto is - "It's better in my pocket than someone else's!":thumbup:
  • katsutlieff
    Thought mine had got lost in the post, but now thinking maybe they are a bit slow at the mo, even though I sent it in three weeks ago.

Unfortunately there does not seem to be anyway to contact them in relation to this, emails about NUS extra will not be answered and there isn't an email or phone number for enquires. :thumbdown:
  • welshwizard
    Taken from

http://www.nus.org.uk/en/Contact-Us/

"For general NUS enquiries, please email nusuk@nus.org.uk.
    Text phone: 020 7380 6649
    Fax: 0871 221 8222
    NUS HQ, Centro 3, 19 Mandela Street, London NW1 0DU"

Hope this helps you!

regards
  • sebastianforbes
    sebastianforbes Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    well, i've given up waiting for mine...

if it does arrive, it will be a surprise !
  • katsutlieff
    I've given up on mine too. They never answer the phone or response to emails concerning the application so I have given up.
  • andrewtdk
    same here, i wonder if they are really busy or if maybe we use dthe wrong forms and they cant be bothered to tell us
  • welshwizard
    If you are studying at a college, check your student services office in the college - I know they sent my card to the student services at my college (but they also emailed me to tell me that the card was there) - it's the only way they can assure only students get them - if you are doing the course through one of the other organisations, ask their local office (or wherever you get lessons delivered to you). The NUS is not in the habit of ripping off people and I am sure you will find that there is a simple answer. Good luck.
Privacy Policy