What the heck happened today?

Baggybooks
Baggybooks Registered Posts: 522 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Well, the forum has been out of action for most of today, but guess what? No announcement afterwards to let us know what happened.

Comments

• aatfree
    aatfree Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor โญ
    This organisation really has very poor customer service when it comes to this website doesn't it?

They are sending a bod to my workplace to discuss the virtues of the qualification I think I might wonder along to have a quiet word with them about the website.
  • square-peg
    square-peg Registered Posts: 143 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Well, the forum has been out of action for most of today, but guess what? No announcement afterwards to let us know what happened.

tell me about it - I emailed them and asked them, but surprise surprise - no reply. I also emailed them about several other things in the last week, including a books post which I made about 2 weeks ago, and still hasn't gone up, but I can't get any replies! The only person who ever replies to me is James and he's away. :glare:
  • Tony Ashcroft
    Tony Ashcroft Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    The forums on Friday last week

I do apologise that we didn't reply to your posts and emails sooner. I appreciate that it's frustrating not knowing when the forums will be available and especially not getting any response from us.

You will know that the forums have been vulnerable over the past couple of weeks to spam attacks and this is what caused the downtime on Friday as they simply overloaded the forums. Not good I know, and it did take us longer to install more protection and get them restarted than we expected but those measures are now in place. We will continue to monitor the forums to check that these are being effective.

Square-peg - I will look into your book post and chase that up for you.

Once again, please accept my apologies for not letting everyone know what was happening sooner.

Tony Ashcroft
    Web Team, AAT
  • square-peg
    Square-peg - I will look into your book post and chase that up for you.

Tony Ashcroft
    Web Team, AAT

Thank you :001_smile:
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I do apologise that we didn't reply to your posts and emails sooner. I appreciate that it's frustrating not knowing when the forums will be available and especially not getting any response from us.

Thank you.

Communication:thumbup:
  • aatfree
    aatfree Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor โญ
    Thank you.

Just a suggestion for the next time the forum goes kaput or you don't have time to answer emails or whatever - put a sentence on the main website stating you are aware of the problems and are working on a solution.

It is not so much that it is frustrating it is more that is very unprofessional and does not give a good impression of the organisation as a whole. Especially to those who you are hoping to attract.
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Also get it fixed so I don't have to log back in every 10 seconds or have to type posts several times before letting them post.
  • coocoocadgoo
    coocoocadgoo Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor โญ
    tell me about it - I emailed them and asked them, but surprise surprise - no reply. I also emailed them about several other things in the last week, including a books post which I made about 2 weeks ago, and still hasn't gone up, but I can't get any replies! The only person who ever replies to me is James and he's away. :glare:

I made a book post a few days ago too, and it's still not gone up. What do they do all day?!
  • square-peg
    I made a book post a few days ago too, and it's still not gone up.

Likewise - I updated my original post a couple of days ago, but that's still not gone up - nothing new since 23rd September, which is the date I last complained to them! I've actually always had a very good service from the webteam previously. It's only the last couple of weeks that I've had these problems, and it's starting to drive me nuts!
  • James Cristiano
    James Cristiano Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 48 Regular contributor โญ
    Thank you, Square-peg...

...for your kind words! :001_smile:

Have a lovely weekend!

Kind Regards,
    James, AAT Web Team
  • Sue
    Sue Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    For anyone that signs straight into the forum and doesn't go through the AAT homepage, I thought I would post that there is a message on the homepage stating the website will not be available tomorrow, Saturday 4th between 10.00 and 14.00.
  • Baggybooks
    Thanks Sue - I always come direct to the forum and would never have been aware of it. Might have been a good idea for the web team to have posted something on here...
  • Sue
    Sue Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi Helen

I did think that myself about the AAT web team posting, especially as the post before mine was a Web Team Member and I know that message has been on the homepage for at least a couple of hours now.

I don't normally go through the rest of the website either, I just happened to be looking for something else today.

Lets hope they sort out some of the problems!!

Sue
  • Baggybooks
    Let's hope...

I think we need to raise that bar - let's all hope they can sort ALL of the problems!
  • square-peg
    ...for your kind words! :001_smile:

Have a lovely weekend!

Kind Regards,
    James, AAT Web Team

Thanks James - I see the books posts have all been done now. Cheers!
    :thumbup1:
Privacy Policy