Great North Run

sarahwilson
sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
Is anyone doing it on Sunday? I am running it with my brother, well half walking half staggering no doubt:lol:

Comments

• katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Good luck for Sunday! You are alot braver than I am. Hope all goes well :thumbup:
  • sarahwilson
    I think foolhardy more than brave!!!
  • SalinaA
    SalinaA Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor ⭐
    Wow good luck with it all and yeah you are brave - I have never done anything like that and frankly dont have the will power etc for it...

:thumbup1:
  • sarahwilson
    I did it!! I came 35025th out of 52000 and did it in 2hours 41 miuntes. I can't walk properly today though but it was really enjoyable in a painful kind of way!!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Well done!
    I couldn't run 1 mile let alone 13 so I'm impressed by anyone who can do it.
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
    Congratulations Selina!

We saw two "runners" at a service station yesterday afternoon. Obviously on their way home (by car!!). One was full of bounce and energy still able to run between the car and the garage. The other poor chap, could hardly walk!
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    How many miles is it? My sister wants me to do it with her next year!
  • sarahwilson
    Its 13.1 miles and its up hill quite a lot of it!! I was listening to a FRA revision CD on the way round on my I-pod as well which amused my brother no end!!
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Seriously!!? I think I'd have to listen to something with a bit more beat to get me up those hills!!!
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Congratulations on making it around. I have nothing but admiration for anyone who can run such an amazing distance. :thumbup:
  • Donna Webb
    Donna Webb Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Sarah, congratulations on the run, that was fantastic achievement and even more more studying on the way, go girl!!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Wow well done i watched it on tv and got tired just watching.

If ok to ask what was your named charity? Just i was contemplating doing it myself next year (with a lot of training needed lol)
  • sarahwilson
    I ran for a local hospice, St Gemmas. If you go onto www.greatnorthrun.org you can sign up for a registration reminder email, so you can try and get a place yourself. Then its up to you who you run for, you can choose your own charity or run for that years charity, this year it was Marie Curie Cancer. Ask local hospices, etc if they are getting any places in it, they are always grateful of someone flogging themselves into the ground to raise money!!
  • SalinaA
    SalinaA Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor ⭐
    Congratulations you did way more than I ever could!

Esp with it being up hill and all I even hate walking up hill! I cant run to the end of my road without being out of breath haha!

Maybe one day.... Hmmmm!!!
Privacy Policy