Next Steps.......

Options
laurenw
laurenw Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi Guys,

Im not sure if anyone can help me, but here goes............

I have recently become a member after completing my tech exams in August.

I am thinking of going on to do ACCA in January. I am wondering if anyone has done this as home study??

I know it would be alot of work, but with my work commitments i will struggle getting to Uni for the lessions.

Has anyone managed to do home study and which provider would be recommended?

I know this is an AAT forum, but any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Gianni
    Gianni Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi,

I am currently doing CIMA on a home study basis. By home study I mean I've just ordered the workbooks from Kaplan FTC and I'm working through them. You can however get more support but I think this is limited to more material as oppose tutor help.

I'm finding it quite hard to be honest. You have to be really disciplined and I only truly started 2 weeks ago, I have 3 exams in a month! I have therefore left it extremely late - luckily I'm off for about 10 days in the lead up.

What I would say is, if you are the disciplined type and you will make time to study then go for it, it will save you money and it's more flexible. You can always pick up a revision course before the exam.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Gianni wrote: »
    I'm finding it quite hard to be honest. You have to be really disciplined and I only truly started 2 weeks ago, I have 3 exams in a month! I have therefore left it extremely late - luckily I'm off for about 10 days in the lead up.

Same here but ACCA, and its hard! Lots to do.

I've changes tactics, was taking too long doing a chapter at a time. I've gone to doing the questions and skimming over chapters when necessary and its speeding things up a lot!
  • Gianni
    Gianni Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one stupid enough to start so late!

I'm going chapter by chapter but I will take a view on it next weekend and then probably adopt your question approach!

I want to take it in for my own benefit as much as passing the exam paper but needs must with the exams in one month.
Privacy Policy