With AAT qualification (and work expereince) whats the maximum services u can offer?

teakay25
teakay25 Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor ⭐
When you study aat you do the basic accounts for sole traders, partnerships and ltd companies etc but when you are a registered student with ACCA you can only offer basic bookkeeping services up to the trial balance but before any adjustments.

Does anyone know if you aren't a registered student with ACCA based on just your AAT qualification and your work experience would you be able to offer more than just basic bookkeeping?

Also does anyone know if CIMA has the same restrictions for their students

:confused1:

Comments

• axl2derv
    axl2derv Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi,

I was in the same dilemma. The ACCA will only allow you to do basic bookkeeping (in a self employed capacity) while you are studying with them. If you do CIMA or ACA, you can basically do anything but audit your clients. CIMA told me that I could be self employed as an accountant and they wouldn't mind as long as you never publicised (including orally) that you are a part of CIMA, until you are qualified.

Hope this helps.

Carl
  • Dean
    Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
    You can audit with ACA!

Regards

Dean
  • teakay25
    thanks for the advice, you mention about ACCA let you do the bookkeeping/payroll as soletrader (self employed), somebody had suggested becoming a LTD company do you know whether ACCA allow you to do this?
  • teakay25
    I meant to add - if you are an ACCA student!
  • Dean
    Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
    Teakay25, the same rules apply to a company as they do to a sole-trader. There isn't any loopholes!

Regards

Dean
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    teakay25 wrote: »
    thanks for the advice, you mention about ACCA let you do the bookkeeping/payroll as soletrader (self employed), somebody had suggested becoming a LTD company do you know whether ACCA allow you to do this?

The rules apply to ACCA members/students who are directors of Ltd companies as they would a sole trader or partner.
  • teakay25
    Thank you all for your advice, i'm finding i'm worrying about everything!! :thumbup:
  • lorraine
    lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Have you had your MIP Application back yet Teakay, I'm still waiting!

Lor
Privacy Policy