Ecr & Fra

DaveIOW
DaveIOW Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor โญ
Anyone attempting both exams on the 1st & 3rd? How are you getting on. I had FRA learnt no problem, then I started ECR 4 weeks ago and am fine with that sailing through all my mock exams I can find. Then tried an FRA exam paper today & it meant nothing to me! :confused1: I hope it all comes back to me!

Comments

• PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I am sitting both as well this year
  • Rune
    Rune Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor โญ
    Anyone attempting both exams on the 1st & 3rd? How are you getting on. I had FRA learnt no problem, then I started ECR 4 weeks ago and am fine with that sailing through all my mock exams I can find. Then tried an FRA exam paper today & it meant nothing to me! :confused1: I hope it all comes back to me!
    I sat both in June last year... I sailed through ECR in about 1 hour 20 mins.... FRA totally different I totally lost the plot in section 2 and failed section 2 .... So my advice is ... Practise practise and more practise.... Just to add salt to the wound my tutors were totally gobsmacked that I failed ... So beware .... Good luck!!!!
  • smelleykins
    smelleykins Registered Posts: 5 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I'm "attempting" FRA next week, and I've got every single pass paper possible, and its still confusing me. There is so much to remember, and yet not everything learnt is even going to be tested, and no two pass papers ever seem the same. Does anyone have any tips that may be of us. As i just keep going blank and can't afford to fail this...!
  • sulapop
    sulapop Registered Posts: 5 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I am sitting both next week, I have been off for two days on study leave. All I have done is complete past exam papers, have found somethings have not sunk into my head so every now and again I go back to the questions that I have not got right and try them again. Best form of revision is to just keep going over the exam papers. I found that really worked on the foundation level:001_smile:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    i do vat at work i do payroll am even starting to learn how to produce full accounts i train up juniors i have company directors asking advise on procedures i implemented for new clients.

With all of the above for the love of god cant i do these pratise papers ive had it with FRA i read and read and read but nowts going in. What the annoying thing most of all i do this stuff in and out day in day out but cant do it ive had it.

right sorry rant over :mad:
  • Rachy
    Rachy Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    This worked for me....

Hi guys,

I'm doing FRA next wednesday (Argh!)

I was panicking like mad last week cos nothing seemed to be going in, or worse 1 thing in and 2 things out!

I have been going through the E-learning stuff on the AAT website and have found it really helpful, it shows you just the main points from each topic which helps not to get so overwhelmed and also it explains stuff a bit differently to the Osborne books I'm using which I found really helpful too.

Hope it helps

Good Luck everyone!:thumbup1:
  • PAMDILL
    I thought I had ECR pretty well down until I did the Kaplan mock exam.

For some unknown reason in the cost accounts they had the sales staff wages in work in progress instead of overheads, is it just me or does that not make sense?

I would have thought sales staff would be overheads as they are not involved in the manufacturing of the items, only in the selling.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Is that commission tho not payroll? are they self employed?
  • PAMDILL
    Payroll - it was an ice cream factory with an ice cream parlour. Not door to door salesman.

Still don't see what the sales staff have to do with production.

But then I am having a bad week at work and a 4 year old with croup - just hope I can stay awake to sit the exams.

Di think about asking for the whole days off for the exam but as I am the only one in the office that is probably not a good idea.

All it would take is one supplier to call and get an answer machine instead of a person and the whole area would think another construction copany has gone bust!!
Privacy Policy