Oldest student ?

John
John Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
I'm 40yrs and doing FRA Wed following distance learning course. I work in a completely unrelated field but doing AAT as career alternative in case of redundancy. Am I the oldest on this forum doing the course or are older students quite common ?

Comments

• DaveIOW
    DaveIOW Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor ⭐
    Im 38 & am in identical situation, however will swap career as soon as I can
  • JJ43
    JJ43 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Im 44 in a few weeks and have only just started at foundation !
  • DaveIOW
    JJ43 wrote: »
    Im 44 in a few weeks and have only just started at foundation !

:thumbup1: who's the Daddy?! :laugh:
  • mazzy
    mazzy Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    OH John - remember age is but a number! or to an aat student just ANOTHER number!

I'm going to hit, or should i say stroll up to 40 in april

Di
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I was 40 last week and spent my nose in a book revising .... makes you feel 16 again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This time around I'm working because I want to and not because I have to - you have made the choice and I believe you put more in; you are older, wiser and you want to reap the benefits.

Oh and yesterday I read on one of these pages somewhere that one chap studying is 55 - so now I know I'm only a youngster!!!

Annie :thumbup:
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Ampsie
    Ampsie Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I'm off to do the ECR exam this afternoon. I study through distance leaning as well.
    I'll be strolling up to 40 next May, but i certainly don't feel it(although by then i may look it!!)

Ampsie
    Feeling Young!
  • Shona
    Shona Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Oldest student?

After reading the replies, I am feeling rather ancient at 48. Come on you young ones, your as old as you feel, with the exam this afternoon thats pretty old. lol :001_rolleyes:
    Good luck to everyone!:thumbup1:
  • Hil
    Hil Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    I am 45 and doing Technician. There is a lady in my class I think she's about50. Age is not a problem.:thumbup1:
  • MattW
    MattW Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    I thought I'd chip in here as a I read a lot about career changers, (being diplomatic) at more mature years, even though I am 25 :tongue_smilie:

My Mum passed the AAT when she was 45 (now 50), she worked in a firm of accountants when she was 18-24 (then had me!) and then worked in a completely unrelated field for 17 years (arts and crafts teaching assistant).

She decided to study for the AAT to keep her options open and last year moved from London to rural Norfolk. Even though the jobs are more sparse, she managed to find an accounts related job in school within 3 months of moving up there, it wasn't easy of course and she did try quite a few places - a lot of whom were not interested due age/lack of experience. But anything is possible :thumbup1:

She's now only a few months off of getting the required experience for the letters after her name.
  • JJ43
    DaveIOW - Im a mummy actually !!

MattW - well done to you mum.

Its hard work sometimes keeping up with you youngsters !

Julie:001_tongue::001
  • DaveIOW
    JJ43 wrote: »
    DaveIOW - Im a mummy actually !!

MattW - well done to you mum.

Its hard work sometimes keeping up with you youngsters !

Julie:001_tongue::001

Apologies JJ43, to rectify.....

WHO's THE MUMMY YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH :lol::thumbup:
  • Big Bird
    Big Bird Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    I beat you all I am fifty years old and I am doing my technician level this year

I am now begining to wonder why did I take this on, my brain does not work quite as well now, but we can't let them young uns get the better of us.

:001_rolleyes::lol:
  • JJ43
    Well said Big Bird :thumbup1:
  • the_morrises@o2.co.uk
    the_morrises@o2.co.uk Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Oldest member...

Oh dear... I'm female, took the ECR exam today.. horrible or what??? and I was 51 on Saturday...:blushing:

From what I can understand I wasnt the only one who disliked the paper...
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    42 heading up fast.
Privacy Policy