Request for forum moderater to explain

twinmeister
twinmeister Registered Posts: 122 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Please could you explain why you deleted over 19 pages (over 255) replies discussing yesterday's ECR exam?

Lots of people clearly felt very strongly that the ECR exam was over-complicated and some were talking of complaining. Is that why you pulled it?

Other parts of the thread discussed the exam content, which was a really useful barometer to see if you answered in the same way. Was that not allowed?

If you delete so many posts, but allow Talinka's post today, in which she basically slates everyone who found the exam hard, can you really describe this as a forum?

Isn't it more a PR exercise, where only those posts which toe the party line are allowed?

Comments

• spurschic1@yahoo.com
    spurschic1@yahoo.com Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor ⭐
    Totally agree!
  • DaveIOW
    DaveIOW Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor ⭐
    Comrade Twinmeister welcome to AAT forums...would you care for some vodka?
  • twinmeister
    DaveIoW - is that how these forums work then? Excuse my niaivity, but I only started using them yesterday to vent some spleen. Do the more 'controversial' posts usually get deleted?
  • DaveIOW
    no idea, as you see from the number of posts ive made, im also reletivley new to them. (thought it did drop by 15 on the deletion of the ECR thread!)

I was just aiming sarcasm at the mods by using your tow the party line comment.
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi all,

You cannot discuss the exams until late afternoon for the morning sittings, and around 8pm for the afternoon sittings. This is because the aat exams are worldwide, and due to time differences in other countries you could be discussing the content of an exam paper students abroad have not yet taken!

Kind regards
    Tracy
  • Layla
    Layla Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    Very well said Twinmeister :thumbup:
  • DaveIOW
    columbia wrote: »
    Hi all,

You cannot discuss the exams until late afternoon for the morning sittings, and around 8pm for the afternoon sittings. This is because the aat exams are worldwide, and due to time differences in other countries you could be discussing the content of an exam paper students abroad have not yet taken!

Kind regards
    Tracy

The Post was removed about 9.15am this morning...13 hours after the 8pm request for not discussing exam content
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
    Also the PEV thread is still on so I don't think its been taken off for that reason. I will happily stand corrected if thats not the case though.
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    Ooh, really, now that does raise a few questions then!

I wasn't on the forum yesterday as I knew people would be chatting about the exams etc. Now I am really intrigued!!!!
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
    T''is true Tracey, people are happily discussing PEV still but ECR has gone. Methinks the happy nature of PEV discussion has ensured its continuance, but I am just a cynical northerner:laugh:
  • Rune
    Rune Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor ⭐
    There are 666 threads to this post..... mmmmmmmm.......
  • DaveIOW
    Rune wrote: »
    There are 666 threads to this post..... mmmmmmmm.......

:eek: / runs for the holy water to throw on his laptop!

:laugh:
  • Rune
    LOL..... I got some want to share....
  • Rune
    I'm just so pleased I passed ECR in June....
  • DaveIOW
    Rune wrote: »
    LOL..... I got some want to share....

Yeah & could you also post some to:

Forum Moderator
    AAT Discussion Forums
    Beelzebub Mansion
    HE11 2JB
  • Kathy Henderson
    Kathy Henderson Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
    Why did the pages go? i felt better after reading them and alot more confident we waited till 8 oclock for others to finish i dont see the problem
  • peugeot
    peugeot Registered Posts: 624 Epic contributor 🐘
    Did it contain any bad language or students opinions of the examiner following a difficult examination? Those are the only reasons I can think the administrators would pull the thread. They don't just pull them because of the numbers of threads attached.

Only other thing I could think is that it is a mistake (perhaps???)
  • agatha
    agatha Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    i would also want an explanation, we do have a right to express our opinion, it happened that none of us thought the exam was fair but instead of delating all the posts AAT should have read it and think what went wrong
  • DaveIOW
    peugeot wrote: »
    Did it contain any bad language or students opinions of the examiner following a difficult examination? Those are the only reasons I can think the administrators would pull the thread. They don't just pull them because of the numbers of threads attached.

Only other thing I could think is that it is a mistake (perhaps???)

fair enough, just have the decency to say so then
  • James Cristiano
    James Cristiano Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 48 Regular contributor ⭐
    ECR Thread

Dear AAT Forum users,

Please refer to the following link:

http://forums.aat.org.uk/announcement.php?f=78

The Thread in question was reported to us by another forum user as it contravened the above AAT announcement.

Kind Regards,
    James, AAT Web Team
  • Layla
    Layla Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    James Cristiano -

I understand your reasons however nothing relating to the questions in the paper was posted before 8, just posts saying the exam was hard thats it.
    Not only that, it was deleted off this morning so the time period for not talking about the exams had already lapsed ?

we are not amused.
  • KellyG
    KellyG Registered Posts: 51 Regular contributor ⭐
    Erm.... Look at the FRA thread.... someone was discussing figures on the exam before 8pm yesterday......

Hmmmmmmmm......
  • mehmet
    mehmet Registered Posts: 113 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Maybe no one reported it?

Anyway, I don't know why you're all asking for an explanation. I'm pretty sure forum T's & C's say the moderators can edit/delete your posts. If someone wrote a message on the side of you're house,after washing it off, would you then write a message saying why you washed it off? I doubt it.
  • KellyG
    KellyG Registered Posts: 51 Regular contributor ⭐
    mehmet wrote: »
    Maybe no one reported it?

Anyway, I don't know why you're all asking for an explanation. I'm pretty sure forum T's & C's say the moderators can edit/delete your posts. If someone wrote a message on the side of you're house,after washing it off, would you then write a message saying why you washed it off? I doubt it.

:confused1: Hardly a good comparison there there mehmet. This is a forum for us to discuss exams etc... whereas the side of my house is not!
    :mad2:
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    You should accept that the thread has gone - someone broke the rules - and move on to now safely discussing the exam instead of opening up new threads demanding reasons why such and such was removed. The AAT - like the accounts role in general - is relatively faceless and you're not likely to get anything more than a very formal announcement, much less a sympathetic personal explantion.
  • twinmeister
    Perhaps you are happy being described as a faceless accountant and willingly hide behind the skirts of the 'organisation', but that's not where my career ambitions lie...

Think everyone has moved on now. It was a bit like 'Manuel-gate' in that the most conservative opinions are being expressed by those who never saw nor contributed to the deleted thread...

I have learned that this is not a discussion forum which accepts too much negative feedback about the exam or the AAT in general. Yes, you are right though that this forum is run by the AAT and at they can delete whatever they like.

That's fine. Know where I stand now...
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    blobbyh wrote: »
    The AAT - like the accounts role in general - is relatively faceless and you're not likely to get anything more than a very formal announcement, much less a sympathetic personal explantion.
    So the image of the AAT as an an unprofessional organisation unresponsive to it's paying customers is obviously being well maintained through this forum.
  • thoms04
    thoms04 Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
    Dear AAT Forum users,

Please refer to the following link:

http://forums.aat.org.uk/announcement.php?f=78

The Thread in question was reported to us by another forum user as it contravened the above AAT announcement.

Kind Regards,
    James, AAT Web Team

"Just want to pass on my usual reminder that, because we have candidates sitting worldwide, you should not discuss the content of papers in detail immediately after the sitting"

The point is what content was discussed??

Did you not think to read it first?

Why have you not removed the other threads where exams are being discussed before the allowed time?

If you're going to enforce a rule then at least be consistent.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Perhaps you are happy being described as a faceless accountant and willingly hide behind the skirts of the 'organisation', but that's not where my career ambitions lie...

Think everyone has moved on now. It was a bit like 'Manuel-gate' in that the most conservative opinions are being expressed by those who never saw nor contributed to the deleted thread...

I have learned that this is not a discussion forum which accepts too much negative feedback about the exam or the AAT in general. Yes, you are right though that this forum is run by the AAT and at they can delete whatever they like.

That's fine. Know where I stand now...

Twinmeister, you're new to the Forums so you won't be familiar of the site's usual distant stance from certain topics. Those of us who've been around a long time, two and a half years for me now and CJC even more on the old forums, will have seen all this before. There are few in the past who've pushed the boundaries of the AAT as much as myself, Helen (aka Baggybooks), Farmer Giles and maybe a couple of others who all received formal warnings for our conduct once when we went too far (which we had). In fact, the AAT are generally very tolerant over some thread topics despite what you might think as a newbie.

Have a look at the first thread in the old Forum regarding the new AAT which still remains from last November/December.

By the way, I'm not a faceless accountant nor hiding behind any skirts, I was simply describing the very formal external nature of an accounts body compared to say a sales profession.
  • Guru
    Guru Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
    T''is true Tracey, people are happily discussing PEV still but ECR has gone. Methinks the happy nature of PEV discussion has ensured its continuance, but I am just a cynical northerner:laugh:

You think the PEV is a happy discussion????

For those conspiracy theorists - try the PCR thread as well - there's no way only the positive is allowed.

Having said that, an explanation of why the entire thread was pulled would be appropriate - no reason why single posts couldn't be edited/deleted if absolutely necessary.
Privacy Policy