Btc

Comments

• kjg-kj
    kjg-kj Registered Posts: 68 Regular contributor ⭐
    I added back the Salary for Harrison and his wife. Added back £600 for the goods he took. Was debating on £800 though, but decided against it because he contributed £200.

I deducted the cost of the land for the IBA. But I time apportioned the 4% by 10/12 because it was a 10 month period...not sure if that was right??
  • Staffz
    Staffz Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    I did that!

(46000)
    ( 5000)

Right? I hope so!
  • cs_1988
    cs_1988 Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Kj - I did almost everything like you, did you deduct land preperation costs too, becasue their associated with the land.

Fiorellino - You do apportin IBA my friend!
  • cs_1988
    YAYAYAYAY Staffz nice one! Its reassuring to see answers the same as yours!!!

Did anyone else get something like 792 for the shares?
  • kjg-kj
    I didn't deduct the land prep costs, in our Kaplan book it says qualifying costs include costs of preparing the land ie levelling, tunnelling and drainage.
  • Kairi
    Kairi Registered Posts: 25 Regular contributor ⭐
    kjg-kj wrote: »
    I added back the Salary for Harrison and his wife. Added back £600 for the goods he took. Was debating on £800 though, but decided against it because he contributed £200.

I deducted the cost of the land for the IBA. But I time apportioned the 4% by 10/12 because it was a 10 month period...not sure if that was right??

My book definitely said that IBA and WDA are both time apportioned if the period concerned was not 12 months and FYA wasn't.
  • Staffz
    Also added extra 600, to make up cost of aircon units.

Disallowed wife's wages altogether, as wasn't a business cost, but left his in -argh!!! I guess that is key, as without it there are no profits so cannot show that I can work out the split year 19% & 20% - will it be a straight fail for section 1???
  • DJUK
    DJUK Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    KJG KJ - Ohhh Thanks for that my mind is now at rest! I knew I saw that 'someone' had commenced in Trading that year just couldn't remember who......mind playing traicks and all that
  • Kairi

Sorry I meant to reply this as well earlier. I understand what you are saying about £600 rather than £800 but does it really matter that he paid money for it? Isn't just the amount of the sale (which is £800) that goes through P&L rather than cash flow.
    I don't know. I am just thinking out loud here because I deducted £800
  • Ash1711
    Ash1711 Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
    I didn't deduct the land prep costs, in our Kaplan book it says qualifying costs include costs of preparing the land ie levelling, tunnelling and drainage.

thats exactly what i thought :D

i think the answer came to 7800 after apportionment (10/12)
  • cs_1988
    There wasnt a split 19% 20% was there.

End of section two was a ten month cap. So April, May, June, July, August, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec, and Jan = 10months, all at 20% corp tax.

They also gave three indexation factors to confuse us. i Used 17%
  • ma1thew
    ma1thew Registered Posts: 22 New contributor 🐸
    why was the taxt split between 2 years.
    it was 10 months from april untill january so where does the split come in?
  • Ash1711
    did anyone create a seperate pool for the short life assets? i did and i dont know if this is correct or not:confused1:
  • Staffz
    I agree, section 2 was the April to Jan period, was it not? Jeez, no wonder I am rubbish at exams, can't even remember 3 hours later!!!
  • bennyboy88
    bennyboy88 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    I didn't deduct the cost of preparing the land. i remember seeing somewhere that it is a qualifying cost.
    As for the shares i just remember that i had an indexation allowance of £91...?!
    The airconditioning units in the first one, i added on the £800 in which they were worth? didnt have a clue what to do for this one!
    The written questions, i dont feel like i wrote enough! oh well!!!
  • kjg-kj
    When I was doing the corp tax I used 30% with marginal relief, but I suppose it depended on your other figures from the previous questions. I had a taxable profits for the company of seven hundred and something thousand
  • ma1thew
    i got 9500 for iba
    285000 X 0.04 X (10/12)

is this correct?
  • Ash1711
    cs_1988 wrote: »
    There wasnt a split 19% 20% was there.

End of section two was a ten month cap. So April, May, June, July, August, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec, and Jan = 10months, all at 20% corp tax.

They also gave three indexation factors to confuse us. i Used 17%

wasnt section 2 taxed at 30% less marginal relief?
  • DJUK
    DJUK Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    ash1711 I created a separate pool for the short lifeassets
  • Fiorellino
    Fiorellino Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
    corporation tax was at 30 % because Marginal Relief is given, am I right?
  • ma1thew
    i got 700 and something thousand for the profit so i used marginal releif
  • Staffz
    Yes, you nalways have a separate pool for S.L.A.- anything you intend to keep under 5 years I think, tho may be 3 - I always confuse those two! That's why accountant consult using books!
  • Kairi
    Ash1711 wrote: »
    did anyone create a seperate pool for the short life assets? i did and i dont know if this is correct or not:confused1:

Yes you are supposed to have a separate pool for SLA. And when an asset is not sold after 4 years it is moved to the general pool.
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    For Section one I got:
    Capital Allowances £67564
    Scd D Case 1 profits £53216
    NIC contributions £2667.36
    PCTCT (?) £174076

Section two I got:
    IBA £7633
    PCTCT £735664
    Tax Liability £207841

I can only save 7 answers in my calculator, so not sure about the rest - and the labels might be wrong as well... but those are the numbers I put
  • cs_1988
    OH Crap ****

I deducted marginal relief to, please tell me i didnt use 20%!!!!

Dont think i did, i remember making sure the months were 07 for the formula!

What corp tax figure did you get?
  • bennyboy88
    bennyboy88 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    i used 30% less marginal relief.

i think my tax payable was around 200k in the end... i think!
  • Ash1711
    bennyboy88 wrote: »
    I didn't deduct the cost of preparing the land. i remember seeing somewhere that it is a qualifying cost.
    As for the shares i just remember that i had an indexation allowance of £91...?!
    The airconditioning units in the first one, i added on the £800 in which they were worth? didnt have a clue what to do for this one!
    The written questions, i dont feel like i wrote enough! oh well!!!

i had the indexation allow of £91 surely we can't both be worng :001_tongue:
  • GoldenRetreiver
    GoldenRetreiver Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor ⭐
    End of section 2, I just had one tax year, however, they were eligible for marginal relief I hope
  • cs_1988
    London Matt....Snap!

Think we might have made a mistake in the IBA if land prep is allowable though!
  • ma1thew
    LONDONMATT

i got nearly the same answers as you.

was it just the entertaining staff expendite that was not allowable in the other expenses info.
Privacy Policy