CJE
CJE Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
Is everyone feeling confident?

Comments

• Pencil
    Pencil Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi CJE

Feeling Ok about Section 1, but a bit fuzzy on section 2. It's the memos/emails/reports that throw me. You never know what the examiner is really looking for.

I've heard that the new examiner is looking for bullet points in the text answers, so will spend this afternoon looking over past papers and teasing out the key words.

How about you? Are you feeling confident?

:001_unsure:
  • CJE
    CJE Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Sometimes the limiting factors throws me... the details often confuse me!

Good luck for tommorrow.
  • ^Joe
    ^Joe Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Not 100% confident, you realy have to think about Section 1 Task 1.2..

Too much writing too :(
  • pink
    pink Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Me too, as if you dont have to think enough on the first question... then you get to task 1.2!! arghh im dreading this one
  • Marie1507
    Marie1507 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I know what you mean. The reports etc confuse me as well. What kind of things do you class as Key words?
  • Pencil
    Options
    I guess it's a case of preparing for questions like :-

how to motivate managers to get involved in budget setting

key effects of economic factors

explaining the variances

ways to motivate rather than using pay related perfomance bonuses

so if you can remember some key words for these then plan your report/memo etc around that. I'm hoping that will get me through that task. I'm feeling Ok about the maths side of things, but give me words and I turn to a jibbering wreck :tongue_smilie:

this time tomorrow, we just wont care

Good luck to all of you - get tucked into bed early and I'll think of you all at 9.30 in the morning as we simultaneously open our papers and our mouths go dry....:crying:
  • ^Joe
    ^Joe Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Pencil wrote: »
    I guess it's a case of preparing for questions like :-

how to motivate managers to get involved in budget setting

key effects of economic factors

explaining the variances

ways to motivate rather than using pay related perfomance bonuses

so if you can remember some key words for these then plan your report/memo etc around that. I'm hoping that will get me through that task. I'm feeling Ok about the maths side of things, but give me words and I turn to a jibbering wreck :tongue_smilie:

this time tomorrow, we just wont care

Good luck to all of you - get tucked into bed early and I'll think of you all at 9.30 in the morning as we simultaneously open our papers and our mouths go dry....:crying:
    Don't know what you mean :001_rolleyes: :laugh:
    Best of luck everyone, just remember to take your time, and READ THE QUESTION carefully
  • Pigpen
    Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Yeah good luck everyone - Sure we will be discussing the paper tomorrow after 3pm :thumbup1:
  • slmorris59
    slmorris59 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    New examiner?

'I've heard that the new examiner is looking for bullet points in the text answers, so will spend this afternoon looking over past papers and teasing out the key words.

How about you? Are you feeling confident? '

Please can you confirm how you found out that there was a new examiner, as this is the first I have heard about this. I was aware that the exam was harder and very different to any past papers but wasnt sure of the reason. I have asked my tutor at college and this is the first she has heard about it.

Thank you very much

Really would like to understand why this information was not passed on. If this cannot be posted please email on slmorris59@hotmail.co.uk
  • Pencil
    Options
    I read about the new examiner on these forums. I mentioned it to my tutor who looked through all the paperwork that the AAT sent through to the colleges but there was nothing in there about a new examiner. She then saw that there was a meeting/seminar type thing in York that was held on the 21st November, she managed to get a place on that and was able to talk to the new examiner and reading between the lines of what he was saying, was able to establish what he thought was not being tested and how he liked the answers set out ie bullet points in the reports/memos and plenty of 'white space' between the answers to make each task stand out.

Scouring these forums can give you all sorts of insights to whats going on.
Privacy Policy