December ECR & FRA papers now Avaliable

Ian
Ian Registered Posts: 83 Regular contributor ⭐
Hello,
Dare I even open them to relive it? Oops already printed it...

Comments

• agatha
    agatha Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    could anyone tell me answer for Task 1.3 B i am still wondering whether i did it right or not
    thanks
    A
  • agatha
    agatha Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    sorry i forgot to say its ECR exam
  • angie1
    angie1 Registered Posts: 29 Regular contributor ⭐
    tutor feedback on ECR.?.

Has anyone spoken to there tutors about the ECR exam, what did they say.?.
  • chocolate Box
    chocolate Box Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    I've just had a look at the ECR paper, and I still don't get question 2.3 regarding the limiting factor. I know I did it wrong in the exam. Doesn't make sense to me. Think I had given up by that question. :lol:
  • Fingersan
    Fingersan Registered Posts: 84 Regular contributor ⭐
    It is confusing chocy box !
  • lv9783
    lv9783 Registered Posts: 65 Regular contributor ⭐
    what was 2.3 question again and can you say what the answer was...how did you get hold of the answers?
  • Ampsie
    Ampsie Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I'd be interested to know what people put for 1.3 b as well.
    I got confused as to why we had 6 lines for journal entires but only four nominal codes!

Think i got that bit wrong!

Ampsie
  • lv9783
    lv9783 Registered Posts: 65 Regular contributor ⭐
    hi the journal had 6 lines cos for each debit had to do the wages control account credit entry
  • dobbieobby
    dobbieobby Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I thought about it from the beginning.
    Wages would come out of the bank so:

DR Wages Control
    CR Bank

Then you have all of it in the wages control account, so it needs to come back out and go to the repective expense codes.
  • any2002uk
    any2002uk Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor ⭐
    I put Wage control a/c in Credit only
    Debit of 3 other nominal code
  • dobbieobby
    phew, so we all agree:

CODE DR CR
    6200 7000
    8200 7000
    6400 4000
    8200 4000
    6600 2000
    8200 2000

When do they put the answers up anyway please? On looking back on here 6 months ago the ECR results only took a short while.
  • dobbieobby
    That took out all my spaces for some reason. But the first line is a debit, the second a credit, the third a debit, the fourth a credit etc!!!
  • Ampsie
    Ah - i see now!

The reason i had two lines left was because i put the credit into the control account in one amount. I did:

6200 Dr 7000
    6400 Dr 4000
    6600 Dr 2000
    8200 Cr 13000

Do you think that will be completely wrong as i haven't seperated the wages control?
    Hopefully i'll still pick up a few marks for the other 3 entries!

I wish it was June - i want to be put out of my misery!

Ampsie
  • dobbieobby
    I personally cant see why you'd get deducted marks, you got the answer 100% correct.
  • Ampsie
    Thanks Dobbieobby!

I felt really despondednt when i came out of the exam. But now looking back on the paper i'm hoping i did enough to scrape through!

Fingers crossed!
  • lork
    lork Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    dobbieobby wrote: »
    When do they put the answers up anyway please? On looking back on here 6 months ago the ECR results only took a short while.

The answers aren't published until the results have been released so answers/results in February for December exams and August for June exams.
  • any2002uk
    any2002uk Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor ⭐
    Ampsie wrote: »
    Ah - i see now!

The reason i had two lines left was because i put the credit into the control account in one amount. I did:

6200 Dr 7000
    6400 Dr 4000
    6600 Dr 2000
    8200 Cr 13000

Do you think that will be completely wrong as i haven't seperated the wages control?
    Hopefully i'll still pick up a few marks for the other 3 entries!

I wish it was June - i want to be put out of my misery!

Ampsie
    that is what i did, i wrote Wage Control in Credit fully, while other in DEbit,
  • Pixie
    Pixie Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
    What does everyone think was the answers for FRA 1.5 (a) - I confused myself withthis one wondering if I should have worked the selling price out with VAT before taking off the 65% Mark Up (in the end I didn't).

Also what did the examiner want with 1.5 (b) - was it a written explanation of what the value if closing stock actually is - or did they just want the AMOUNT calculated in (a) - which seemed a bit repetative?
  • hanapospis
    hanapospis Registered Posts: 111 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Pixie wrote: »
    What does everyone think was the answers for FRA 1.5 (a) - I confused myself withthis one wondering if I should have worked the selling price out with VAT before taking off the 65% Mark Up (in the end I didn't).

Also what did the examiner want with 1.5 (b) - was it a written explanation of what the value if closing stock actually is - or did they just want the AMOUNT calculated in (a) - which seemed a bit repetative?

I have 12 000 for this answer... but not sure

in 15 (b) I have just only stated the number again..
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    I think 12,000 was correct for both answers.

I think they wanted to see that you understood how stock is valued at the lower of cost and realisable value.
  • Emma87
    Emma87 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    December 2008 Exams

Does anybody know when the answers to the December 08 exams will be available? I know the papers are on there, but I want to see the answers! Thanks!
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Emma
    I sent out my ECR answer to proof readers last Friday, am still waiting to hear from them. As soon as the proof reading is complete, I will make any necessary ammendments and make them generally available.

Sandy
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
Privacy Policy