Apalling incident in the office, what should I do?

Options
Cullen
Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor 🐘
As the office manager, I very kindly bought a tin of Quality Street for everyone to share. I do this every year, buy the sweets, remove all the green triangles for my own consumption, write a letter of complaint to the manufacturers, buy a further tin with the resulting token and then remove the green triangles from this tin, too. It's almost a ritual.

I had to take the afternoon off yesterday, prior to the tin being open. This morning I noticed the tin had been opened and.......................

ALL the green triangles missing!!!!!

Everyone had a smug look on their face and bits of green foil in their waste baskets. I checked.

How could they do this to me????

I don't deserve this.

(Er, do I?)

Comments

• blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    The green triangles are vastly overrated - sorry...

As office manager, tell them that there'll be no Christmas bonuses this year unless the instigator of the theft is named and shamed on the AAT website, preferably on the 'Crap Tutor' thread...
  • troy
    troy Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    You most crtainly do deserve it!
    Taking ALL the green triangles before anyone else gets the chance (despite the fact they must be the most hated chocolates ever made), are you not the most hated office manager in the country???!!!

But what worries me more is your tendancy to look in peoples bins...do you do this often?? LOL :laugh:

x
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Cullen wrote: Β»
    As the office manager, I very kindly bought a tin of Quality Street for everyone to share. I do this every year, buy the sweets, remove all the green triangles for my own consumption, write a letter of complaint to the manufacturers, buy a further tin with the resulting token and then remove the green triangles from this tin, too. It's almost a ritual.

I had to take the afternoon off yesterday, prior to the tin being open. This morning I noticed the tin had been opened and.......................

Everyone had a smug look on their face and bits of green foil in their waste baskets. I checked.

I don't deserve this.

(Er, do I?)

well i think that is discussting id make all the little robbin buggas go out and each buy you a tin of chocolates you take out all the green triangles then give away the rest to charity or something
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I like the green ones and the purple ones, best thing about being in an office all on your own at this time of the year - noone to nick the choccies handed in by grovelling reps!!

Do you think in this time of construction indutry doldrums that means more choccies from reps?
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I agree with A-Vic.

Plus this is theft and theft of any sort should lead to disciplinary hearings for gross misconduct.

In some countries the theft of green triangles would lead to the amputation of hands!

I suggest you get each them to buy you a tin of QS. Then call a meeting and firstly eat every single green triangle in front of them right in front of their thieving faces, then secondly force feed each person with the remains of their tins. This should put them off QS for life thus leaving all the QS for you next year.

Let us now how your meeting goes.
    :lol::lol:
  • atlan
    atlan Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    Options

I don't deserve this.

(Er, do I?)

I am absolutely appalled!!!!!!!!!!! :ohmy:

I would have taken all the purple ones out!! :wink: :001_tt2: :lol:
  • speegs
    Options
    I hope there teeth rot and fall out. The thieves little sods.
  • Cullen
    Options
    Well. we are having our Office Christmas Dinner tonight, I will exact my revenge.

I think I shall ask at the bar what they all want to drink, (insisting everyone has large portions) get mine first and walk away and leave them to pay...!! Ha how about that then!!
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I'd make the culprit eat all the coconut ones...
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    write a letter of complaint to the manufacturers, buy a further tin with the resulting token and then remove the green triangles from this tin, too. It's almost a ritual.

Not MLR but QSL you should be reported and all of your staff should stop working for you until they have been give the authorty to resume:lol:

Poodle
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Well. we are having our Office Christmas Dinner tonight, I will exact my revenge.

I think I shall ask at the bar what they all want to drink, (insisting everyone has large portions) get mine first and walk away and leave them to pay...!! Ha how about that then!!

So come on how did the do go??????????
  • Cullen
    Options
    It was brilliant, they all ordered their drinks at the bar and I ordered mine at the table, having it added to the bill!!!

Every time I asked the waitress for "another large portion pleeshe" the look of horror on their faces as they thought come divi up time they would have to contribute. Ha!!

I had carefully worked out my share, including drinks and tip and left first. I looked back in the window and saw them taking their socks off to use their toes in the calculation of my share to make sure I had left enough.

Because I buy them a tin every year, they just expect it now and see it as pure cheek on my part taking all the green triangles. They fail to make the connection that I bought the bloody sweets.

By next year, I am sure I will be over this. Isn't it stupid how something silly can wind you up!
  • A-Vic
    Options
    It was brilliant, they all ordered their drinks at the bar and I ordered mine at the table, having it added to the bill!!!

Every time I asked the waitress for "another large portion pleeshe" the look of horror on their faces as they thought come divi up time they would have to contribute. Ha!!

I had carefully worked out my share, including drinks and tip and left first. I looked back in the window and saw them taking their socks off to use their toes in the calculation of my share to make sure I had left enough.

Because I buy them a tin every year, they just expect it now and see it as pure cheek on my part taking all the green triangles. They fail to make the connection that I bought the bloody sweets.

By next year, I am sure I will be over this. Isn't it stupid how something silly can wind you up!

Haha am sure they wont forget in a hurry eith lmao

Good on you
  • troy
    troy Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I'm sorry Cullen, was only joking :blushing:
    I didn't know it had actually upset you. I now feel guilty for teasing you about it.
    :crying::crying:
  • speegs
    Options
    I think you should replace all the QS next year with exlax chocolate. YOu can careful unwrap all the SQ sweets and put the wrappers around the exlax. Then you can spend the rest of the day watching them all run off to the toilet. :laugh::laugh:
  • Cullen
    Options
    Brilliant, exlax!!

(No I wasn't upset but you know when little things get to you and you know you should just let them go over your head...?)
  • jkc
    jkc Registered Posts: 166 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    ha ha, i like the oranges and stwarberrys u can keep all
    the little triangles. they are all sods for nicking your favourites
    thou.
    ps dead happy passed my simulation big thanks to all my class mates
    who decided to help every one and broke all the rules they are
    all stars ******************************************!
Privacy Policy