Aol ????

A-Vic
A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Is anyone have trouble using their AOL email????

Mine keeps freezing the computer when i go to log in?

Comments

• blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I've unfortunately been using AOL for a while now (when Netscape was merged with them) and often experience problems with their e-mail system. Current fave seems to be if I tick the "Remember me" box it'll do exactly the opposite and not log me in at all. Untick it or leave it blank and I'm welcomed like an old friend. Odd.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Well, you do know what the 'A' in AOL stands for, don't you?
  • Ponder
    Ponder Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor โญ
    haha CJC...thats hit the nail on the head!

AOL=Stay Away As Far As Possible! SAAFAP!

Seriously that S$it can and will reck your computer!
  • A-Vic
    it fixed itself but i wonder if it had anything to do with the internet explorer thing on the news???
  • Ponder
    Ponder Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor โญ
    hmm missed that,..
    What another i.explorer bug? :laugh:
    I.E + A.O.L=They fought it out??
  • A-Vic
    Ponder wrote: ยป
    hmm missed that,..
    What another i.explorer bug? :laugh:
    I.E + A.O.L=They fought it out??

Yeah it was on the news people been advised to use another form of web browser or something as there has been some hacking problems with it, not sure of all the facts
  • CJC
    Best thing was the Microsoft guy on the news desperately trying to persuade people not to switch browsers.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Firefox rocks!!
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Is anyone have trouble using their AOL email????

Mine keeps freezing the computer when i go to log in?

AOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2:

:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:

that is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad !!!!!
    soz but i think AOL is bad ??
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Agree with the Firefox rocks!! Used it for years.

AOL is utter c****, wait a week to load a page. Obviously not improved in the years since I last used it.
  • A-Vic
    Note to self print off this page and show to the boss to convience to get off aol
  • crispy
    crispy Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    AOL = Always Off Line :tongue_smilie:

People using AOL for email always seem to have some sort of issues or another so maybe time to change. However be careful when selecting a new provider if it's for business use - iv'e selected badly before and was caught in a years contract of rubbish!
  • blobbyh
    Despite the problems with AOL mail (I only use their mail service, I don't use AOL as my browser), a huge advantage of sticking with AOl mail is that my Nokia phone can be permanently connected Blackberry style without the Blackberry subscription costs. It's also still superior to the Hotmail interface though admittedly not as nice looking.
  • mark130273
    aol = anyone online..........................laughable !!!!
  • Jon_1984
    Jon_1984 Registered Posts: 186 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hate to disapoint you all folks but firefox is vunerable to the latest one in the same way as IE....although the patches rolled out yesterday should fix it in theory.
  • mark130273
    firefox is great..... but get yourself a really good virus killer ..........
  • Buff
    Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Not sure how many of you guys are aware of the deal but if you bank with Barclays, you can dowload a trial of Kaspersky (which is the best out there at the moment) and the trial (once details are confirmed you bank with barclays) turns into a years FULL service for free.

Log on to your online account and sign in to your bank statements and on the left hand side menu it says "Kaspersky Offer". Well worth i, even if you just download the trial and instal when your current contract is up for renewal.

Better thing is, you can use it on up to 3 computers!
  • mark130273
    sounds funky ?
  • Buff
    Nothing funky about it Mark.

If you bank with Barclays, it's common sense to download it for free and get a years free virus protection - worth ยฃ24.99 (reduced from ยฃ44.99 not so long ago). I for one have downloaded it and will be using it once my 1 year free subscription with mcaffee runs out.
  • CJC
    Make sure you haven't got auto-renew enabled with McAfee, I got caught out with that recently. To be fair though, they were very good with providing a refund.
  • Buff
    Thanks for the heads up, it came with the lappy i just bought a few months ago so I don't have an actual account with any of my details on it.
    I just double checked inside the security suite and no where does it say anything about renewals, so happy days - im safe on that one. Thanks for the warning though.
  • A-Vic
    Buff wrote: ยป
    Nothing funky about it Mark.

If you bank with Barclays, it's common sense to download it for free and get a years free virus protection - worth ยฃ24.99 (reduced from ยฃ44.99 not so long ago). I for one have downloaded it and will be using it once my 1 year free subscription with mcaffee runs out.

I managed to get a years subscription for ยฃ7 from the works book shop
  • mark130273
    your can get good ones free online ?
  • blobbyh
    I've been using AVG free for years now and never had any problems with it even when I've visited some fairly iffy sites.

The new version even has in-built anti-spyware but the only drawback is auto-update has been discontinued and you now have to do it manually.
  • CJC
    I used the Avira free virus checker for quite a while though I eventually signed up for the pay version (only ~ยฃ10) for the extra functionality. I recall having a few problems when I tried AVG but plenty of folks speak highly of it so that was probably just me.

I happily used McAfee for a while but they foisted a new version on people a year or so ago and that turned out to be pants; slow and bloated.
Privacy Policy