Unit 21

dobbieobby
dobbieobby Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I've done this now and have it ready to post off. Just wanted to ask advice of anyone who's already done this section please.
If any parts are incorrect, do they just post it back to you to look into again? Or is it a flat fail and you have to start again?
Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• dobbieobby
    48 people have read this but no replies! I'm assuming most people in Intermediate have had to complete Unit 21 22 23 in year one. I missed this year out as I've worked in accounts for 3,000 years. Please, I'm not asking for answers to questions, I'd just like to know how these units work.
    Thank you :001_smile:
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    I sent mine in in yr one.. was pretty brief, was expecting to have to re do bits but got confirmation that it was all ok.. don't think they expect too much for these bits.
  • dobbieobby
    I really cant see the point in doing them. It's basic stuff I did in a Business Admin college course I did when I was 16. I'm now 33. If I cant use a computer by now surely I would be out of work???
    Still, I've had a good go at it (made it up)
    What about this AAT Student Registration Form and all the nonsense with it? I'm told I need to get a 5 part divider and section it all off, but I'm not sure with what. I get the first bit is CV (it took me a good half hour to convince my boss it was for the AAT I was doing and I wasnt looking for a new job before he'd sign it off) and my companies organiation chart etc. But what's the other bits please? It says something about page 18. I havent got 18 pages... I dont have a induction pack and no evidence...
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    who are you studying through? They should be advising you of this, it sounds like you have some information missing.
  • dobbieobby
    I'm doing distant learning. I 'order' my exams through London, but sit them at Cambridge.
    From ordering Unit 5 6 7 21 22 and 23 I received a great big box with not a lot of information in them at all about what to do first. Obviously, I started studying Unit 5 and did the exam in June. Just sat Unit 6 and have simuation on 7 in February.
    When I went in to do my Unit 6 exam a few weeks ago I was told I'd need to complete an AAT study registation form and was emailed the 8 or so pages through. I think I'm missing loads!
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    I got a folder with my student record pack but not much help with trying to fill it in. Apparently you have to match off all your performance criteria to your assignments before posting back your projects, skills tests etc.

I also gotin trouble with the first skills test I sat for not filling in the unit's section of the student record and taking it up to the simulation to get it sent back to the distance learning office.

Nightmare!

If I had known I was going to have to sit the whole of Level 3 again I would have gone the diploma route.

Re: Unit 21 if there are bits they feel are incomplete they send back parts for you to redo.
  • dobbieobby
    Oh Lordy, you've worried me now and my contact at Cambridge is off until the 19th of January! Think I'll just hang on to it and act blonde when I go in for my next skills text in February!!
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    If you are just under the competence level, you may just have to complete some supplimentary questionning - i.e. extra questiosn just tot check your knowledge and understanding of the unit.

Check out: http://www.aat.org.uk/students/content/item3708/ for more information on the unit.
  • dobbieobby
    Do I actually have to sit a simulation exam at the college for this nonsense? Or is it just filling out the paperwork and sending it back?
    I dont think I can even justify the petrol money getting into Cambridge if I have to sit a simulation on working with computers, health and safey and the other one which I think is at home somewhere... :lol:
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    I did not have to sit a simulation for H&S or computers but as I am NVQ route I did not have to do the Work skills one so I don't know about that one.
Privacy Policy