MIP Application - waiting over a month!

lorraine
lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hello I wondered if this was normal, i have been waiting over a month to hear back from AAT, I'm now really fed up of waiting, and just wondered if there would be any light at the end of the tunnel! or is there anyone else whos in the same boat or has been in the past.

I have also wondered is it because it is the christmas period and exam time would that effect it, but all in all im kind of giving up hope!

please some one make me feel better and that its not just me!

im sort of in limbo land i want to get going with my self employment, it quite depressing arrgghh sorry to whinge but i suppose im looking for moral support and advice if this has happened to anyone before!!!

End note is i'm normally a positive person and there are far more important things to worry about!

Comments

• pinksponk
    pinksponk Registered Posts: 57 Regular contributor ⭐
    I was also waiting quite some time, but after a chasing phone call, I had a result within a fortnight. Overall it was probably about 2 months.
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi Lorraine

It might be worth giving the MIP team a call at the AAT they should be able to let you know what is going on.

I think that the hold up sometimes is that they have to waite for the approving panel to convene.

Don't worry

Poodle
  • lorraine
    thanks for the advive and support, i will call them as soon as i can!
  • lorraine
    I'm very very very happy, I have just called aat and they are sending my mip back to be today so its been approved! its made my day and month too lol!!!
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Congratulations

:thumbup::thumbup:
  • teakay25
    teakay25 Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor ⭐
    congratulations lorraine, well done I bet your really pleased :thumbup:

I'm not going to be registered for VAT at the moment as mentioned in the previous thread as I am going to continue working for my current employer until I can get enough clients that I can afford to hand in my notice!

I am still unsure what i should be charging clients for bookkeeping, payroll and vat returns (i am hoping to get some leaflets printed soon to post through small businesses) have you any ideas what to charge?
  • lorraine
    Hi Teakay yes very pleased! i think i am sorted on fees and wanted to go cheap as it is from home. feel free to have a look at my website or anyone else can if they would like to, I am open to any critism as I am new to this!

Please click on the link below

www.1st-stopaccounts.co.uk
Privacy Policy