4000 word essay

*Data Input* officer
*Data Input* officer Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
Is there a skills test as part of this module ?

Comments

• Pencil
    Pencil Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    Are you talking about the Unit 10 Project?

There is no skills test with this unit, it is purely a project that you research and write about, either using a real life situation at your place of work or, if you're not working in an accounting environment, you can use an AAT simulation.
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I think there are issues of direction and motivation with this unit - students make too much of this unit and find that the prospect of doing it is far worse than the actual execution of the project. Consequently, they find that getting started is difficult and feel overwhelmend by the whole thing.

In my experience (my own and fellow students) it was really straightforward and far less difficult than we anticipated. We used a case study provided by the AAT and actualy had difficulty keeping within the 4,000 word limit. Honestly, it is not that bad. I think because we are accounting students we hate wordy tasks - even the ones in the skills tests and exams sent many of my fellow students into a cold sweat! We found that the case study provided glaringly obvious problems - fraud issues, staff motivation and develpment issues and work systems issues. Key things to look for are contingency planning (what systems are in place if the computer/manual system fails), where there are risks of fraud- try to grade them into different levels of risk.

This report is a management report as well as an accounting one. You need to look at it from a management point of view whilst keeping the cost implications of issues and solutions. These costs can be monetary but also human and need to be identified in the report.

Don't lose too much sleep over this unit - you will find that your report - when finished - is something of a work of art and you can revisit it and think - 'did I really write this?' Good luck!
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    well im getting close to 4000.............im upto 2830 !!!
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I finished mine yesterday, but I did mine on a situation at work rather than an AAT case study, and my word count was 3999! I'm praying I don't need to change it!

You will find that once you get into it the rest comes easily, and if you're struggling just ask your tutor to give it a once over and to give you some ideas.
  • mark130273
    hey if you send your to me ? i can get SOME ideas from it ?lol

i did mine on sim too....did the payroll
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    yeah if it gets the all-clear I'll send it to you - PM me your email address
  • Jon_1984
    Jon_1984 Registered Posts: 186 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    after putting this off all xmas holiday I have done over 1000 words in the last hour and a half. Suddenly a lot happier about it all:thumbup1:
  • mark130273
    well ive done some more today and im upto 3800...not bad.....but dont want to waffle on much more ??
  • lork
    lork Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    I'm just putting the finishing touches to my second draft and it's well over 4,000 words. I think the word count is just a guide and you're allowed to go over if what you have written is valid and not waffle.
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    In academic works, you are usually allowed +/- 10% of the word count and this seems to be the accepted practice here too. Remember, the contents of the Appendices are NOT counted towards the word count- if you are dramatically over the word count, see if you can move things to the appendices and then refer to them in the main body of the report.

Good luck!
  • mark130273
    i removed all the titles and page numbers etc etc and it down at 3300! not too bad...but just got to try and see if ive got all those bits they require in the body of the project !
  • hernandez03monica
    hernandez03monica Registered Posts: 1
    Typical troubles of academic writing… Best of all, if there isn't one kind of issue, there would be other one :)http://academic.tips/question/a-five-page-paper-on-a-100-page-source/
Privacy Policy