glastonbury 2009

Options

Comments

• blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Metallica have been crap for the last twenty two years. They finally seem to have realised it as their new album - Death Magnetic for those interested - sounds like their old stuff from the early to mid 80's. Just a bit sad that it took two decades for them to realise how useless they'd become.

Still, I first saw them at Donnington in 85 with the original bass player who was killed a year later and before they became famous and big headed - they were awesome at their pre-87 peak.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Metallica have been crap for the last twenty two years. They finally seem to have realised it as their new album - Death Magnetic for those interested - sounds like their old stuff from the early to mid 80's. Just a bit sad that it took two decades for them to realise how useless they'd become.

Still, I first saw them at Donnington in 85 with the original bass player who was killed a year later and before they became famous and big headed - they were awesome at their pre-87 peak.

they played a lot of there new album and i wasnt to impressed at all we left the set earlly for a few (ok a lot) of beers at camp.

or i think its just the fact they cant play live anymore more of a studio band
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Buff wrote: ยป
    You should have come to Rammstein with me a few years back - thats was frickin mental stuff! For men only ... with some pretty hot rock chicks :D

Haha i saw them in Newcastle a few years ago - brilliant night and yes, some pretty awsome outfits!
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Talking of mental gigs, saw Sepultura in 1997 at wolvo civic - came out bruised head to toe. Incredible.

Hows things J?
  • A-Vic
    Options
    call me a softy (as i am a died hard metal fan) but the best band out of over 150 ive seen this year the best ive seen has to be The Verve and Prodergy
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I'm sure my hearing has never been the same since seeing My Bloody Valentine at the Brixton Academy back in 1993. Now they were loud. Most brutal though was SWANS back in 1984 before they went all wimpy. That hurt!
  • Paul24
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    call me a softy (as i am a died hard metal fan) but the best band out of over 150 if seen this year the best ive seen has to be The Verve and Prodergy

Saw proidigy in the summer and was disappointed.

Saw Verve at V, they were amazing
  • JodieR
    Options
    most battered i've ever been was seeing stiff little fingers - i was the only girl in the moshpit amongst about 30 punks - shirts off, dripping with sweat & covered with all manner of spiky things!
    saw the verve at reading 97 and it was so beautiful i nearly cried, but did anyone see richard ashcroft at glasto last year or watch it on the telly? what a prat he's turned into!! an ego that size can't be attractive!
    prodigy are coming to newcastle soon - should i be getting tickets??
  • blobbyh
    Options
    ... I am a died hard metal fan...

Well, who'd have thought it? I'm metal through and through - hence the attitude at times - but I'd never have put you down as one too Vic? I didn't have Jodie down as a mad raver either.

Annette aka Blue Wednesday likes/used to like metal and was even at one of the same Donningtons as me back in the 80's!

I'm also gonna guess at others musical tastes here;

Baggybooks likes Stevie Wonder and Val Doonican
    Peugeot likes Oasis and The Verve too but also misses the Spice Girls
    Jan likes Fleetwood Mac and The Beatles
    Gem used to like Steps but now likes Westlife

Come on Baggy... sing us a song.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    JodieR wrote: ยป
    most battered i've ever been was seeing stiff little fingers - i was the only girl in the moshpit amongst about 30 punks - shirts off, dripping with sweat & covered with all manner of spiky things!
    saw the verve at reading 97 and it was so beautiful i nearly cried, but did anyone see richard ashcroft at glasto last year or watch it on the telly? what a prat he's turned into!! an ego that size can't be attractive!

yes yes yes o and yes
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Well, who'd have thought it? I'm metal through and through - hence the attitude at times - but I'd never have put you down as one too Vic? I didn't have Jodie down as a mad raver either.

Annette aka Blue Wednesday likes/used to like metal and was even at one of the same Donningtons as me back in the 80's!

I'm also gonna guess at others musical tastes here;

Baggybooks likes Stevie Wonder and Val Doonican
    Peugeot likes Oasis and The Verve too but also misses the Spice Girls

Come on Baggy... sing us a song.

Attittude me ha - but yeah love all things metal have for a few years black sabbath, maiden, snake, ramm, ect.. even some of the new generation linkin and bullet
  • Paul24
    Options

Ive seen SLF a few times myself, Jake Burns is a legend. Were Goldblade supporting when you saw them?
  • Paul24
    Options
    Attittude me ha - but yeah love all things metal have for a few years black sabbath, maiden, snake, ramm, ect.. even some of the new generation linkin and bullet

Get Blobby started on the likes of Celtic frost, he'll teach you a thing or two about metal!! That CD still gets played a lot Rob!
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options

Funnily enough the first concert I ever went to was Steps at the NEC :001_smile:
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Paul24 wrote: ยป
    Get Blobby started on the likes of Celtic frost, he'll teach you a thing or two about metal!! That CD still gets played a lot Rob!

Celtic Frost were one of the coolest metal bands around in the early to mid 80's before they turned into a pathetic hair-metal band around 1988. That disc had some excellent stuff on it Paul, Exodus, Onslaught, Frost, Destruction etc, and good job I made a backup of it for myself as I suffered a hard disc failure and lost a ton of my downloaded MP3's.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Funnily enough the first concert I ever went to was Steps at the NEC :001_smile:

tragidy (does dance moves) :lol:
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    5678 is so much better
  • A-Vic
    Options

there was a band called the drop dead murphys now ive never heard of them but they were brill and what a laugh - they have done a few movie sound tracks and i would love to find an album if anyone finds it please let me know
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Celtic Frost were one of the coolest metal bands around in the early to mid 80's before they turned into a pathetic hair-metal band around 1988. That disc had some excellent stuff on it Paul, Exodus, Onslaught, Frost, Destruction etc, and good job I made a backup of it for myself as I suffered a hard disc failure and lost a ton of my downloaded MP3's.

i'll have a have a look out for these also never heard of them (hangs head in shame) lol
  • Paul24
    Options
    Dropkick Murphys?

They are a boston-irish 'punk' band, and I have a live album
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Not much of a metal fan, though a bit of extreme doom metal such as Khanate goes down well from time to time.

I notice blobbyh didn't have a guess at my musical tastes but here's a hint http://www.last.fm/user/cjcarne
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options

You been looking through my car glove box?? FM I will admit to, I love to embarass my 2 kids playing their "Formula 1" music at full blast in the car! :lol: I can remember singing "Yellow Submarine" as a child, but have never been a great fan.

Not a real "heavy" metal fan, but I'm sure I've an old tape somewhere of Black Sabbath's oh and Rainbow (Rising). Wonder if they still work!

Otherwise, apart from rap I can just about listen to anything.
  • JodieR
    Options
    never heard of drop dead murphys but i just looked on napster and they've got several songs by dropkick murphys which sounds like it might be what you're after!

and no, i can't remember who supported SLF... i was at the bar at that point (surprise surprise)

so come on, what's the AAT's difinitive list of live bands you have to see/should have seen?
  • Paul24
    Options
    never heard of drop dead murphys but i just looked on napster and they've got several songs by dropkick murphys which sounds like it might be what you're after!

and no, i can't remember who supported SLF... i was at the bar at that point (surprise surprise)

so come on, what's the AAT's difinitive list of live bands you have to see/should have seen?

Offspring - pre 98
    Radiohead (favourite live band)
    Oasis
    Foo's
    Muse
    Dropkick murphys
    Pogues

List could go on and on but those are some of my most memorable

Unfortunately, Nirvana being my favourite band, I just missed out on seeing them - gutted
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I would love to see The Eagles, Eric Clapton and Bon Jovi but can't afford the ticket prices they charge these days.

Only professional bands I have seen are Rainbow, Cure and Adam and The Ants (forced to that one)
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Red Hot chilli Peppers,
    Coldplay,
    Groove Armada,
    Foo Fighters,
    Papa Roach,
  • JodieR
    Options
    I tried to trim it down, but they all deserve to be here!
    James
    Ash
    GnR (without slash, but no knocking it unless you were there!!)
    Iggy Pop
    Two Gallants
    REM
    Killers
    Alice Cooper
    Rocket from the Crypt
    Hole
    Lemonheads

My biggest regret is missing seeing INXS due to exams. Boo!
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Dropkick Murphys?

They are a boston-irish 'punk' band, and I have a live album

yeahhh thats um - gimme gimme lol

whats the name of the album pleaseeeeeeeeeee
  • A-Vic
    Options
    :001_smile: ty