Old Client

K H
K H Registered Posts: 81 Regular contributor ⭐
Last Year i took instructions from a young guy who was self-employed with the usual cis vouchers etc. Quite straight forward and he duly received a refund but despite repeated requests and chasing he has never paid me!

i had been taking great pleasure watching his attempts to file online but it would appear he has now instructed someone else.

my guess is that he hasn't told them about me but i am very keen to find out who they are and put them straight!

HMRC of course wouldn't give me their name , does anyone have any ideas?

ps i am going to sue him for the money.

many thanks

K H

Comments

• claudialowe
    claudialowe Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Sorry - I can't help with the finding out issue - but, if any of my clients get a refund, it goes straight to my client account - and then onto them (if there's any left!) - most of my CIS clients prefer that, as they think (wrongly!) that they are not having to pay me :confused1:

Claudia
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I agree with Claudia, get the refund back to your clients account, take out your fee and forward the balance, if any, to the client. Saves lots of tears at the end of the day.
  • pinksponk
    pinksponk Registered Posts: 57 Regular contributor ⭐
    I have successfully sued a client in small claims court online. Google small claims. It was so convenient and the client had to pay the costs as well.

I learned a lesson from this, don't file it without getting a fee first
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I do not file Tax Returns until the client has approved the accounts and returned this and the payment to me. I have found this the best way. However, I have one client who seems to have "disappeared" without paying me. He has not submitted his Tax Return and I haven't done so for him. I will pursue the matter through Money Claim Online as soon as I find him.
    PS. Money Claim Online is a quick and easy way to chase debts through the small claims court.
Privacy Policy