TAS BOOKS: anyone ever used it?

Londina
Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
TASBOOKS2TASCIS.gif

Computerising your accounts will be the most important decision your company makes this year.. Accountants recommend this software because it's quick to learn and easy to use. TAS BOOKS will save you hours of paperwork, creating time for you to concentrate on your business.

You can learn to use TAS Accounting Software in less than a day. Award-winning Account Processor™ technology enables you to intervene during transactions, and correct mistakes at any stage. It’s as simple as a spreadsheet. http://www.tassoftware.co.uk/Products/Home.aspx?tid=258243&stid=258437

I've been using SAGE most of the time at work and few times Quickbooks, now we have just received TAS books, it has the reputation of being a good software, easier than SAGE. But at first, I fould it not user friendly and straight forward, have to click here and there just to find an invoice or post a payment.

Anyone ever used it?

Comments

• Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I have a client who used TAS books 1 who has recently upgraded to TAS books 2, so I've only really used it for gathering information rather than posting etc. but I thought it was rather good. It's so simple and I found it much more user-friendly than Sage. It's also a hell of a lot cheaper!

It's also compatible with Sage so the client often sends us the data in Sage as well.
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Between all these softwares I actually prefer SAGE, even it's very annoying sometimes, it could be the best one if they improve some bad points, instead every new version is exactly the same.

About TAS, it has an unintuitive layout and annoying pop-ups, can't find anything at first and become easier only when you know already where to click!
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    What pop ups do you get? Surely they're only RSS feed type things so you can turn them off?

I agree with you about the Sage upgrades though, every single one has been the same so why do they bother?

And it's the same sort of theory with Sage, you only find it easy to use when you know how to find everything! It would be the same with any software as it's bound to be different to what you're used to so you won't know how to use it straight away.

Give TAS a chance, I think you'll come to like it in the end! :)
Privacy Policy