Portfolio advice - if you are struggling

Options
sarahwilson
sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
I don't know if this will help anyone else, but I found its helped me this weekend.

The portfolio seems to scare us all so we don't do it so I decided to grab the bull by the horns this weekend.

I got my folder and a load of punched pockets out and labelled up the dividers, personal info,company profile and then all the unit numbers.

I got the info i had together, my exam result notifications and put that in the relevant sections, then wherever there was nothing I wrote on a sheet of A4 what would go in there, eg CV, Sim result or thought of a piece of evidence relevant to the unit and put that in to the unit section.

My portfolio doesn't look anywhere near as scary now, I have brought it to work and I can now look and say right I need a copy of CV to finish that bit off or I need to run a VAT return to put in there. I can take out the A4 note of whats needed as I gather the evidence and the portfolio has some structure instead of being a pile of paper and no idea!!

I hope that helps someone else out, because its certainly cleared the fog for me.

Comments

• burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    Great post and great advice. I'm sure it will help out many other students.

The portfolio was certainly something I put off for a bit when I was a student

Best of luck with the rest of your studies
    Regards,

Burg
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I managed all that bit fine but it is the mapping to performance criteria that drives me nuts. Any advice about that side?
Privacy Policy